• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error - Anacron job 'cron.daily' on server.domain.com

Tize

Basic Pleskian
Hi everyone, I have a small problem that always returns time and time again and I get a warning.

Thank you very much.

Code:
/etc/cron.daily/freshclam:

ERROR: Problem with internal logger (UpdateLogFile = /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log).
ERROR: Can't open /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log in append mode (check permissions!).

clamav.png

Hi Tize,

did you install amavis as well?
Which operating system do you use?
How did you install "ClamAV" ?

Hi Tize,

did you install amavis as well?
Which operating system do you use?
How did you install "ClamAV" ?

Hello good afternoon. I do not remember having ever installed Clamav the truth is that I do not know what that is for.
What I did is update Plesk to a version that seems to be better for me. It's called Plesk Onyx.

Last night at dawn came Clamav's error mail again.
Thank you.

Captura de pantalla 2017-04-19 a las 18.51.27.png

Hi Tize,

I do not remember having ever installed Clamav the truth is that I do not know what that is for.
Well, ClamAV is a virus scanner and sorry to write that, but if you don't know how to setup your additional software, pls. consider to remove it again from your server. ;)

Informations about ClamAV => ClamavNet

Hi Tize,

Well, ClamAV is a virus scanner and sorry to write that, but if you don't know how to setup your additional software, pls. consider to remove it again from your server. ;)

Informations about ClamAV => ClamavNet

Hi, good afternoon UFHH01, I've been looking at how to remove it from Plesk but I do not see the option and it seems to be via console.
I have looked online and there are many tutorials on how to install it.
But I have not found any how to remove it.

If you are so kind and you know it would be of great help please.
Thank you very much.

Hi Tize,

you mean you need a tutorial for "How to remove additional packages on your server" ?

On CentOS/RHEL based systems, you can use "YUM" to remove and install packages. So instead of using the install command:

Example:
Code:
yum install clamav-server clamav-data clamav-update clamav-filesystem clamav clamav-scanner-systemd clamav-devel clamav-lib clamav-server-systemd

you would REMOVE the packages with:
Code:
yum remove clamav-server clamav-data clamav-update clamav-filesystem clamav clamav-scanner-systemd clamav-devel clamav-lib clamav-server-systemd

Hello UFHH01, excuse me, but I do not know much as much as you do.
And so far you have always helped me very well with all the problems, you are a genius.
Thank you very much.

Here I show you that everything has gone correctly and I have removed it with the code you gave me.

Thank you very much for your time and for your fantastic help.

Captura de pantalla 2017-04-26 a las 11.04.43.png Captura de pantalla 2017-04-26 a las 11.05.22.png

Back