• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Error: Connection to the database server has failed because of network problems: Try to establish co

Haashim Butt

New Pleskian
hi guys i am new here i dont know much about hosting and these plesk pannel thing ... i just want to resolve this problem when i add database through plesk its show me this error kindly tell me the solution.. i already read a lot of blogs related to these... Thanks

the first link u shared i read it already.. issue is i have a plesk installed with pro edition the steps wriiten in first article is (Plesk > Tools & Settings > Database Servers > MS SQL server) ... well in my plesk there is no tools and settings ...only option i can see is Databses... Now tell me what should i do ???

well in my plesk there is no tools and settings ...only option i can see is Databses... Now tell me what should i do ???
Do you have Plesk admin account? Can you post here screenshot with the problem?

look there is no tools and setting well apart from the all steps mentioned in that article ..
i have checked through Remote Desktop .. Services is Automatic and Sql Server and Windows Authentication is enabled,Name pipes setting are also enabled ...

So, you have logged in not as Plesk admin. If you want to connect remote database server, you need Plesk admin account.

No, it is not admin account. It is customer's account. You have no Tools&Settings Plesk menu.

No, it is not admin account. It is customer's account. You have no Tools&Settings Plesk menu.
Thanks for Information .. I am doing these things from past 2 3 days .. well i dont know the exact solution but somehow i am not getting an error during adding databases..
Thanks a lot

Could you please describe steps to reproduce this issue in detail? Step-by-step instruction please.

Well Problem i was Facing is:
1. when i add Database on Plesk its gives an error
Error: Connection to the database server has failed because of network problems...
2.Well i read a lot of blogs related to this Problem one of the article u shared above.
3.I read that article and according to that 7 steps of solution.
4.I did that steps not all of them
For Example
& I changed the services of Ms Sql to automatic through Remote Dekstop.
& I enabled the Named Pipe Settings
& I changed the windows authentication to sql and Windows authentication through ms Sql server settings.
& I set the password for sa and uncheck the Enforce password Policy.
5. Well that what i have done and now m not getting an error during adding Databses on Plesk.
Thanks I hope you will get it now.
Haashim Butt

Back