• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error: Could not activate firewall configuration:

Same problem on Celingest Plesk machines

Just posting to get warned when the fix came up

Same here - waiting for the solution !

Last edited by a moderator:
this worked for me :)

touch /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/active.flag

touching /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/active.flag didnt work for me. Waiting for solution....

touch /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/active.flag

didn't work for me either... waiting for official fix or another workaround.

Meanwhile I'm copying the preview to a file and executing it.

Hi.

An earlier post to this forum asked about an error message I too was getting with the firewall configuration.

I was getting the following error when I tried to activate a new firewall configuration using Plesk 9:

Error: Another administrator is activating a configuration now.

I was and am the only person logging in to Plesk, so this error was a bit pants.

I think this was initially caused when I had attempted to update the firewall a day or so previously and my computer had crashed before I had activated the configuration. Although I was logged in to Plesk as the same user, it seemed to have created some Plesk magic somewhere preventing me from updating the firewall.

Following this thread, and the posts on touching a file I looked in the same directory and found:

srwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Feb 09 12:52 /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/safeact.confirm

For safety I moved this file to /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/safeact.confirm.bak and tried to activate the firewall... It seems to have worked!

Further investigation seems to suggest that Plesk 9 (at least) has a few issues with deleting this file. The file appears to be created when you click Activate but never seems to be deleted. Plesk checks for the existence of this file and as it has not been deleted thinks somebody else is modifying the firewall settings and denies any subsequent updates. I guess this would traditionally be called a bug. Anybody know if this has been fixed?

Fehler: Firewall-Konfiguration konnte nicht aktiviert werden:

proc_close() failed: mktime() [<a href='function.mktime'>function.mktime</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead

Eine Lösung, die bei mir funktionierte (Debian x64, Plesk 9.01)

1. Firewall in Plesk aktivieren und konfigurieren
2. Vorschau anzeigen lassen
3. Die Vorschau in die Zwischenablage kopieren
4. Den Inhalt der Datei /opt/psa/var/modules/firewall/firewall/firewall-active.sh mit dem Inhalt der Zwischenablage ersetzen
5. Die geänderte firewall-active.sh speichern
6. firewall-active.sh ausführen /opt/psa/var/modules/firewall# ./firewall-active.sh
Fertig.

lg.
ernsti

One hell of a workaround. Quick and genuinly thought through. I feel like I am so getting my money's worth here. Wow.

timber

Good point plesk team for this solution :(

Always the solutions for bugs it is in the NEXT RELEASE

Why ???

Thanks for the update Sergio , work around works fine.

I do fully agree with the majority of the posters on the forum about the bugs. I honestly find my self atleast once a day cursing that I ever upgraded to plesk 9. Sometimes I even find my self hating plesk. I spend atleast 5 hours a week min on resolving bugs on my hosting servers above daily general work. The one positive thing is that its nice to see some parallels staff posting in the forums finally.

Parallels please lets get all the bugs fixed up in the next release!

we need a proper hotfix a replacement file(s), when I am mobile like 99.9% of the time I have ssh access via my iPhone but I can't do this as there is no cut and paste!

We need a better solution please.

Error: No se ha podido activar la configuración:

proc_close() failed: mktime() [<a href='function.mktime'>function.mktime</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'MET' for 'MET/1.0/no DST' instead

plesk panel 9.0.1 CentOS 5

Anyone any idea's why????

Last edited by a moderator:
is this ever going to get fixed ????? would be nice to get this working again..because it really suxs not having it

As always we can't expect any corrections on serious issues like that :( Is there really someone at Plesk/Parallels that listens at real problems of their customer or are we just there to pay and shut up ??????

Vincèn

Back