1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Error creating email account

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Issue, Fixes, How-To' started by MehmetG, Oct 7, 2010.

1. MehmetG

MehmetG New Pleskian

85%
    Hello,

When I try to create an email account in any domain, I am always getting following error.
    I have tried repairing Plesk with reconfigurator and updating Plesk but problem cannot solve the problem.
    Any help appreciated.

------------------

<b>Source:</b> Microsoft JET Database Engine<br/><b>Description:</b> The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.
    ---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
    0: common_func.php3:161
    com->execute(string 'INSERT INTO [Permissions] ([id],[permission],[value]) VALUES (1,'cp_access','true')', NULL null)
    1: common_func.php3:161
    db_query(string 'INSERT INTO [Permissions] ([id],[permission],[value]) VALUES (1,'cp_access','true')')
    2: common_func.php3:208
    db_query_ex(string 'INSERT INTO [Permissions] ([id],[permission],[value]) VALUES ?(VALUES)', array)
    3: SQLInsertQuery.php:36
    SQLMultiInsertQuery->execute()
    4: class.ListTable.php:112
    ListTable->endListUpdate()
    5: class.aListSQL.php:232
    aListSQL->updateList()
    6: class.Permissions.php:191
    Permissions->updateList()
    7: MailName.php:622
    Mailname->_onMailNameCPAccessUpdate(object of type MailNameCPAccess)
    8: MailNameCPAccess.php:145
    MailNameCPAccess->update()
    9: mail_name_preferences.php:129
    require(string 'C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\mail\mail_name_preferences.php')
    10: plesk.php:56

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    The reason of the issue is outdated 'ms_jet_counter' table. Check that it is not empty with

It shouldn't be empty.

3. MehmetG

MehmetG New Pleskian

85%
    Hello,

Thank you for your reply. When I try your command I got the following output:
    --

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cd %plesk_bin%

C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>dbclient.exe --direct-sql --sql="sele
    ct * from ms_jet_counter"
    id val

4. MehmetG

MehmetG New Pleskian

85%
    Also I see from your reply, the table "ms_jet_counter" sould not be empty but it is empty you see.

I check my other Plesk server, that use Jet db it's "ms_jet_counter" table also empty, but there are not exists this problem.

Thank you,
    Fatih

5. IgorG

24%
    Create backup of Plesk database just in case and then run command

C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\sshost.exe --shrink-database

missing record in "ms_jet_counter" should be recovered after that.
    I hope it will help.

6. MehmetG

MehmetG New Pleskian

85%
    Thank you very much IgorG, I appreciate you. My problem solved after aplying your command.

I checked the backup file just after it's created, I saw that a number exists in the "ms_jet_counter" table, such as 382726.

I can successfullly create email accounts now, error was gone but "ms_jet_counter" table is empty again. Will it couse problem again?

Also the Plesk db name was changed. It's now psa20101008075235781.mdb , not psa.mdb. If I change it's name psa.mdb I get following error then revert back. Then it's working now.

7. IgorG

24%
    I just saw this problem previously and it was related to empty "ms_jet_counter" table. Most probably that you have other reason and it was fixed with shrink-database too.

8. MehmetG

MehmetG New Pleskian

85%
    I see. Thanks again.