• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error creating email account

MehmetG

New Pleskian
Hello,

When I try to create an email account in any domain, I am always getting following error.
I have tried repairing Plesk with reconfigurator and updating Plesk but problem cannot solve the problem.
Any help appreciated.

------------------

<b>Source:</b> Microsoft JET Database Engine<br/><b>Description:</b> The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: common_func.php3:161
com->execute(string 'INSERT INTO [Permissions] ([id],[permission],[value]) VALUES (1,'cp_access','true')', NULL null)
1: common_func.php3:161
db_query(string 'INSERT INTO [Permissions] ([id],[permission],[value]) VALUES (1,'cp_access','true')')
2: common_func.php3:208
db_query_ex(string 'INSERT INTO [Permissions] ([id],[permission],[value]) VALUES ?(VALUES)', array)
3: SQLInsertQuery.php:36
SQLMultiInsertQuery->execute()
4: class.ListTable.php:112
ListTable->endListUpdate()
5: class.aListSQL.php:232
aListSQL->updateList()
6: class.Permissions.php:191
Permissions->updateList()
7: MailName.php:622
Mailname->_onMailNameCPAccessUpdate(object of type MailNameCPAccess)
8: MailNameCPAccess.php:145
MailNameCPAccess->update()
9: mail_name_preferences.php:129
require(string 'C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\mail\mail_name_preferences.php')
10: plesk.php:56

The reason of the issue is outdated 'ms_jet_counter' table. Check that it is not empty with

C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>dbclient.exe --direct-sql --sql="select * from ms_jet_counter"

It shouldn't be empty.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. When I try your command I got the following output:
--

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cd %plesk_bin%

C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>dbclient.exe --direct-sql --sql="sele
ct * from ms_jet_counter"
id val

The reason of the issue is outdated 'ms_jet_counter' table. Check that it is not empty with

It shouldn't be empty.

Also I see from your reply, the table "ms_jet_counter" sould not be empty but it is empty you see.

I check my other Plesk server, that use Jet db it's "ms_jet_counter" table also empty, but there are not exists this problem.

Thank you,
Fatih

Create backup of Plesk database just in case and then run command

C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\sshost.exe --shrink-database

missing record in "ms_jet_counter" should be recovered after that.
I hope it will help.

Create backup of Plesk database just in case and then run command

C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\sshost.exe --shrink-database

missing record in "ms_jet_counter" should be recovered after that.
I hope it will help.
Thank you very much IgorG, I appreciate you. My problem solved after aplying your command.

I checked the backup file just after it's created, I saw that a number exists in the "ms_jet_counter" table, such as 382726.

I can successfullly create email accounts now, error was gone but "ms_jet_counter" table is empty again. Will it couse problem again?

Also the Plesk db name was changed. It's now psa20101008075235781.mdb , not psa.mdb. If I change it's name psa.mdb I get following error then revert back. Then it's working now.
ERROR: PleskMainDBException
<b>Source:</b> Microsoft JET Database Engine<br/><b>Description:</b> Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\db\psa20101008075235781.mdb'.

0: common_func.php3:643
reconnect()
1: common_func.php3:591
db_connect()
2: auth.php3:90

I just saw this problem previously and it was related to empty "ms_jet_counter" table. Most probably that you have other reason and it was fixed with shrink-database too.

Back