• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

The operation you were performing failed. Continuous Error. Database problem?

ChrisMar

New Pleskian
Hi there,

we are in the process of tidying up a mess of moving 100s of sites from an old badly-managed Windows server running Plesk 9.5.3 to our new fully-managed Windows and Linux servers running 11.5.3.

However, as of yesterday, the Plesk 9.5.3 server has started displaying:

Operation failed: The operation you were performing failed. You can retry the operation with or without changing its parameters. You may also want to report this problem to our support so that we could help you as soon as possible." whenever we try to make any changes to any settings, as well as when we log on.

If I click "Show Details" button for the error when we log in I get

<b>Source:</b> Microsoft JET Database Engine<br/><b>Description:</b> Cannot open database ''. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: common_func.php3:161
com->execute(string 'insert into [log_actions]([date], [ip_address], [user], [action_id], [object_id]) values (NOW(), '212.159.163.169', 'admin', '45', '0')', NULL null)
1: common_func.php3:161
db_query(string 'insert into [log_actions]([date], [ip_address], [user], [action_id], [object_id]) values (NOW(), '212.159.163.169', 'admin', '45', '0')')
2: class.ActionLog.php:705
ActionLog->submitAction_()
3: class.ActionLog.php:639
ActionLog->submit()
4: logout.php3:113

However, when I try to disable a domain, and I click the "Show Details" button again, I get:

<b>Source:</b> Microsoft JET Database Engine<br/><b>Description:</b> Cannot open database ''. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: common_func.php3:161
com->execute(string 'insert into [log_actions]([date], [ip_address], [user], [action_id], [object_id]) values (NOW(), '78.32.146.77', 'admin', '20', '162')', NULL null)
1: common_func.php3:161
db_query(string 'insert into [log_actions]([date], [ip_address], [user], [action_id], [object_id]) values (NOW(), '78.32.146.77', 'admin', '20', '162')')
2: class.ActionLog.php:705
ActionLog->submitAction_()
3: class.ActionLog.php:639
ActionLog->submit()
4: DNSManager.php:1146
logDnsZoneUpdate(object of type DNSZone)
5: class.Domain.php:217
Domain->turnOff(integer '16', integer '0', boolean false)
6: class.BsDomain.php:480
BsDomain->turnOff()
7: DomainToggleUIPointer.php:26
DomainToggleUIPointer->disableDomain(object of type BsDomain)
8: client.domain.toggle.php:44
plesk__client__domain__toggle->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
9: UIPointer.php:601
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
10: plesk.php:43

Any ideas?

Back