• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Error: Database connection failed

sup3r93

New Pleskian
Hi everyone,
Today I installed Plesk via the site "Plesk Web Installer" with automatic installation on Linux server, which was completed successfully, however when I connect to the dashboard, from this error, I cannot find the configuration file.
How do I solve it?
1694979168249.png

This does not look like a Plesk error. Plesk errors normall show a large illustration on the left quarter of the screen, a numbered error code with code excerpt, error text and technically formulated reason on the right 3/4 of the screen including links to a repair tool or support.

The error message shown above seems to belong to Moodle, which is an e-learning application that can be installed in a webspace.

Did you make sure that the domain where you open the Plesk login page (https://<your domain>:8443) is routed to your host where you installed Plesk and that it is the hostname of the server? Instead you can try to open the Plesk login page via server IP, e.g. https://<your host's ip address>:8443.

This does not look like a Plesk error. Plesk errors normall show a large illustration on the left quarter of the screen, a numbered error code with code excerpt, error text and technically formulated reason on the right 3/4 of the screen including links to a repair tool or support.

The error message shown above seems to belong to Moodle, which is an e-learning application that can be installed in a webspace.

Did you make sure that the domain where you open the Plesk login page (https://<your domain>:8443) is routed to your host where you installed Plesk and that it is the hostname of the server? Instead you can try to open the Plesk login page via server IP, e.g. https://<your host's ip address>:8443.
solved, I formatted the VPS and installed it again.
The only problem now is configuring SSL, because I use CloudFlare, and I wanted to use "plesk.domain.it", I already have the SSL certificate that I used before formatting the VPS, but I don't know where it should be set for the plesk interface

Please don't use the generic plesk.domain.it, it's just a place holder and there's no way to use it with Cloudflare. Please register and use your own domain name.

Please don't use the generic plesk.domain.it, it's just a place holder and there's no way to use it with Cloudflare. Please register and use your own domain name.
I'm sorry but I didn't understand, I already have 3 domains on Cloudflare
- "parasporo.it" this is the domain I have to use
- "BollettaSmart.it"
- "BollettaSmart.eu"
I would use plesk.parasporo.it to access the plesk dashboard, isn't that good?

Again please don't use the place holder domain name. Your best bet would be to go to your domain.tld:8443 or create an A record for a subdomain to one of your existing domain that you want to use as a main domain to your server (like plesk.paraporo.it) then edit the Plesk URL under Tools & Settings > General Settings > Customize Plesk URL to point to that new subdomain instead. That will make adding a certificate much easier. Plus those place holder domains are meant for temporary uses only and will not stay active for that long.

Again please don't use the place holder domain name. Your best bet would be to go to your domain.tld:8443 or create an A record for a subdomain to one of your existing domain that you want to use as a main domain to your server (like plesk.paraporo.it) then edit the Plesk URL under Tools & Settings > General Settings > Customize Plesk URL to point to that new subdomain instead. That will make adding a certificate much easier. Plus those place holder domains are meant for temporary uses only and will not stay active for that long.

I apologize if I'm asking you all these questions, but it's the first time I've configured Plesk, so if I understand correctly, I'll create the "plesk.parasporo.it" subdomain of type "A", point it to the IP of the server hosting Plesk, and on plesk set as seen in the image?
1695051855900.png

That is correct. In your Cloudflare portal you create an A record of plesk.parasporo.it pointing to the IP address of your VPS then on that screen you're on you add in plesk.parasporo.it.

That is correct. In your Cloudflare portal you create an A record of plesk.parasporo.it pointing to the IP address of your VPS then on that screen you're on you add in plesk.parasporo.it.

OK, perfect
Instead, I put the Cloudflare SSL certificate (I use SSL Strick) in Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certificates > List of certificates in server pool > Add > "Add the .crt and .key file" > Certificate for securing Plesk = Cloudflare

If I'm not mistaken
1695055176385.png

Yes you'll upload the cert and key then click on change next to the certificate for securing plesk

Yes you'll upload the cert and key then click on change next to the certificate for securing plesk
I entered the cloudflare certificate, I set it as default, I am logged in from plesk.parasporo.it, I tried to change the login URL, as in the image below, and now it no longer lets me log in, as soon as I he lets me in and immediately throws me out

1695051855900-png.24299

what you mean?
perhaps I explained myself badly, I set the cloudflare certificate as default on plesk, then I went to access the dashboard via the link plesk.parasporo.it (if I did it from the original url it wouldn't let me make the change), I changed the link as in the previous screenshot, I save everything, after 5 minutes I get kicked out, I try to log in again but I can't

have you created a cache rule to bypass caching for the hostname of plesk.parasporo.it? Or a page rule? I know cloudflare tends to do stupid things with the plesk gui when caching is enabled. You might need to tweak cloudflare's settings a bit to have it not do that.

have you created a cache rule to bypass caching for the hostname of plesk.parasporo.it? Or a page rule? I know cloudflare tends to do stupid things with the plesk gui when caching is enabled. You might need to tweak cloudflare's settings a bit to have it not do that.
It doesn't work, I inserted a page rule for cache bypass and a cache rule that also sets cache bypass
login works correctly if I use the default ssl certificate and the sites:
- "Direct IP"
- "vmi******.contaboserver.net" (the one provided by the VPS provider)

if I use
- "plesk.parasporo.it" does not access "plesk.parasporo.it" even by disabling the "SSL Strick" functionality

Honestly, I'm trying to use Plesk because it seems great for managing websites, but it's giving me more problems than I thought.
It doesn't have configs exposed on file, I'm going crazy to set up a subdomain with strick SSL, maybe I'd better use the manual installation, and not the automatic one.
or maybe I should leave the provider's domain (even if it bothers me quite a bit) and create a cname or text to redirect the requests

@sup3r93 When you access your server through Cloudflare or another dynamically changing IP address, it is expected that the session breaks when the IP address changes. That is just an ordinary behavior of server scripting and sessions. To solve this, you can enable the "Allow IP address changes during a single session" checkbox in "Tools & Settings" > "Security" > "Session Idle Time".

Back