• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue ERROR: Error: Call to a member function getServiceDescription() on null (Aps.php:301) exit status 1

Daniel Mpumwire

New Pleskian
I am experiencing an issue when changing the password of a domain email account. I get the error below
Internal error ERROR: Error: Call to a member function getServiceDescription() on null (Aps.php:301)<br />
<br><a href='Search results – Plesk Help Center' target='_blank'>Search for related Knowledge Base articles</a>

This is probably caused by a database inconsistency. I think that a first approach could be a simple
# plesk repair db -y

Hi Peter,
I had tried that before and the db consistency check passes with no faults.
# plesk repair db -y

Checking the Plesk database using the native database server tools .. [OK]

Checking the structure of the Plesk database ........................ [OK]

Checking the consistency of the Plesk database ...................... [OK]

Error messages: 0; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved: 0

I'd create a new mailbox, then migrate all content from the old mailbox to the new mailbox, then try to run
# plesk repair mail <old mailbox>
Do not do this before you have a fully valid backup of the old mailbox, e.g. in the new mailbox! The repair process might destroy content of the old mailbox.
Or you can try to remove the old mailbox, then re-create it and move the backup content back into that mailbox.

The point is that this Aps.php error is most often an issue with database tables. Some dataset is missing that is referenced in other datasets. For that reason you are seeing "... getServiceDescription on null ...". It should not be null, but it is null, because the value is missing. However, all the Aps.php scripts of the Plesk software are encrypted, so we cannot simply look at line no. 301 even if we went through all these scripts.

So if the "solution" from above is not the right approach for you, you will need to contact Plesk support on this, because they can ask developers what could be the problem. Without knowing the code, it is not possible to find out what table or dataset is causing the problem.

It is an inconsistency in the database. Bad that the repair utility does not catch it, but it is rooted in the database. You'll probably need Plesk support for this.

Back