• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ERROR: Exception Can't decrypt data

Andrei C

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I can see password witch command "%plesk_bin%"\plesksrvmng.exe -get , but when I try open http://localhost:8443/, I see next error:
----------------------------------------------------
ERROR: Exception
Can' decrypt data

0: String.php 331
plesk_get_symmentric_key()
1. String.php:331
Plesk_Base_Utils_String::getCryptKey()
2: common_func.php3:3225
get_failure_redirect_url(string 'failure_redirect_url')
3: auth.php3:222

How can I fix this error?

You need to disable encryption in Plesk database, because encryption was enabled in Plesk, but there is no way to decrypt passwords back, so you should change it manually:

mysql> update misc set val='false' where param='secure_passwords';

It is not correct way just to copy Plesk settings from registry, because when password encryption is enabled in Plesk, system creates special key in registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PLESK\PSA Config\Config\sym_key which is responsible for decryption. AES key stored in sym_key value in registry is generated randomly. If it is lost/modified, then all passwords with type = 'sym' in following tables are un-decipherable:

- psa.accounts -- passwords for mail accounts, clients, resellers and mailboxes

- psa.misc -- passwords for access to apsc database

- psa.databaseservers -- passwords for accessing database servers

In such case, the only solution is to reset all passwords to random values using our password mass changer script (KB http://kb.parallels.com/113391). You need to reset passwords for admin and apsc users and for MYsql database, set Plesk password. Please update passwords for domains as well using the article above.
Contact Support Team if you can't fix it by yourself.

I have full backup of Regedit, this path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\PLESK\PSA Config\Config\sym_key" too and all MySQL/MSSQL databases and all users data, I try recovery Plesk Panel on another Server -> simulating a server crash.

Thanks, but I need the first try to restoring without reseting all password (using our backups).

Why restoring regedit and MySQL settings not working on another server?
Working only at the same server.

Back