• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error in modules management section at Plesk 10.3.1.

Smartnet

Basic Pleskian
Hi , when we get into the modules management section of our Plesk Panel (Version10.3.1.) we notice the following error on top: "Error retrieving version from Plesk API: Error communicating with Plesk API: are the packages psa-api and psa-api-rpc installed? " . None of us have updated or removed any packages in our Panel. So what might have caused this issue and what is more important for us....how can we solve it without loosing or messing up our configuration or data?

What sort of output commands:

# rpm -q psa-api
# rpm -q psa-api-rpc

?

Hi Igor, thanks for response.
Both commands return output that "package is not installed".
I have no idea what might be happening. Any idea?

Thank you very much. Hope i can deal with installation commands because it's the first time i'll do something like this.

Oh....i'm stupid. I can't find the specific package at the link you gave me. I'm searching at all these folders but....i can't find it.

It's a 64 bit version. I found this "http://64.131.90.31/PSA_10.3.1/dist-rpm-CentOS-5-x86_64/contrib/psa-api-rpc-10.0.0-1.noarch.rpm" i supose that's it. But when i type the "yum" command , i get a message "nothing to do". I believe that i use wrong syntax. Could you please provide me the correct syntax? Thanks.

Thanks. I've executed the command and seems that the "rpm -q psa-api-rpc" command responds as it should. Bus we have 2 problems. 1st ) the "rpm -q psa-api" command responds that the package is not installed. Also , when i've checked the modules section at Plesk's GUI , the message "Error retrieving version from Plesk API: Error communicating with Plesk API: are the packages psa-api and psa-api-rpc installed? " is still there. Is it possible that i have to execute a separate command for the other package?

Still searching and "googling" around to find the psa-api package. The psa-api-rpc seems to be installed , but i can't find anywhere the psa-api package. Is the re any link that i can use?

Check that Plesk API works on 8443 port: for example:

# /usr/bin/curl -vvv -k -X POST -H "Content-type: text/xml" -H "HTTP_AUTH_LOGIN: admin" -H "HTTP_AUTH_PASSWD: ADMIN_PASSWORD_HERE" -d "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><packet version=\"1.5.0.0\"><server><get><stat /></get></server></packet>" https://127.0.0.1:8443/enterprise/control/agent.php

Check that Plesk API works on 8443 port: for example:

# /usr/bin/curl -vvv -k -X POST -H "Content-type: text/xml" -H "HTTP_AUTH_LOGIN: admin" -H "HTTP_AUTH_PASSWD: ADMIN_PASSWORD_HERE" -d "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><packet version=\"1.5.0.0\"><server><get><stat /></get></server></packet>" https://127.0.0.1:8443/enterprise/control/agent.php

Possibly i made you understand that the issue was fixed. I meaned that the above command , posts that Plesk responds on 8443 port. The problem with plesk modules in management section remains. The psa-api-rpc is installed but i can't find anywhere any psa-api package to install. Could you please provide us a command to unistall the psa-api-rpc package in case that something did go wrong?

Thanks for your help
Regards,
Andrew

OK. Thanks , we've re-installed the psa-api-rpc and the problem remains. The command "rpm -q psa-api" posts: "package psa-api is not installed" , and the command "rpm -q psa-api-rpc" posts the following: "psa-api-rpc-10.0.0-1". Also the plesk responds correctly at 8443 port.
Finally the problem at Plesk's modules management section is still the same.
Any new idea? - Thanks.

Back