• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error: New files of configuration for Apache web server were not built due to errors

tristans

Basic Pleskian
i can see this message on the home page:

Error: New files of configuration for Apache web server were not built due to errors in configuration templates. The detailed error message was e-mailed to you, so please check the e-mail, fix the errors, and click here to retry generating configuration.

How can i find more information about what errors caused this?

this error appeared after I migrated a large domain (with a larger number of sub-domains - about 40) from my old server. the migration manager indicated no error and migration successful.

is there a log file where i can see what Apache configuration errors were found? if i don't know what caused this error, it will vb virtually impossible to correct it (given the number of domains and subdomains that i just migrated).

Using Plesk 10.0.1 on CentOS 5 64-bits (1and1 virtual host)
Linus 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5xen #1 SMP x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

thanks.

i'me very familiar with configuring apache, and i have written many very complex config files for apache.

that is not the problem there. in fact, when i start apache on the system, it runs just fine.

but apparently plesk is trying to tell me that it was not able to configure some file, but it does not tell me what file is causing the problem.

is there some log or info to determine exactly what triggers this plesk message?

by the way, i did not modify any templates, and the only configuration customizations for my websites are done via the .../conf/vhost.conf files for each virtual domain.

a vague message "an error occurred" without any information or any way to figure out what error occurred and why, this is not very helpful :(

Back