• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error: Permission denied to remove domain ID 3

Milos Jankovic

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a problem deleting domain from Plesk. When I want to delete domain/subdomain in Plesk 12.5 I get error: "Error: Permission denied to remove domain ID 3"

I have been reading around the web and followed solution:

1 - Use Putty
2 - login to your acc
3 - use line: plesk bin domain -r domain.com

but I get error: "Could not open Repository at "/etc/sw/keys": Cannot open file
Error: must run as root.
exit status 1"

So my question is how to get root priveleges so I could delete domain using SSH. I logged in as a FTP user. I am using VPS. What option from list of "Access to the server over SSH" should I use?

Thanks,
Milos

@Milos Jankovic,

You are logging in as FTP user, which does not have the required permissions to run the command. No matter what option you use in Plesk, the FTP user will not get the required permissions (expected, as we do not want users to gain full access to the server).

You need to login with an account with privileges, one that was set up during the OS installation should do the job.
root is the user name or account that by default has access to all commands and files on a Linux or other Unix-like operating system. It is also referred to as the root account, root user and the superuser

When you want to run commands as root, just start the command with 'sudo' (meaning: super user do), like "sudo plesk bin domain -r domain.com", press enter, and you will be prompted for the root password. After you enter it and confirm, the command gets executed under the root privileges.

Login with root privileges was such a logical step. :) I just learned how to find the root user data on VPS configuration GUI. Everything else went fine after that.
urki, thanks a lot!

Back