• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error: Permission denied to remove subdomain ID XX

Felix

New Pleskian
Hello.
I created a new subdomain on my server running Plesk 12.5.30 and changed manually the folder where the website files are stored.
I changed my mind and want to delete the subdomain, but I get the error:
Error: Permission denied to remove subdomain ID XX
with XX the ID of the subdomain.
I checked the permissions and changed them to be like for the other domains and subdomains, but with no effect.
I deleted the folder manually with the same result.
I tried many variatins of file permissions and deleting folders, in the end I deleted manually even the folder of the parent domain (as I cannot delete it as well) but nothing helped.

Somebody has an idea where the permission is denied when deleting the domain? (In the plesk panel.log is no additional information)

I created a test domain and deleted it right after without problems, so I think it was the initial folder changing that caused the problem.

Thanks in advance,
Felix

Hello IgorG,
thank you that worked.
Do you know if this also deleted all the folders that where created for the subdomain? Because the logs folder have not been deleted.

If anybody finds that thread and wonders if this works with domains as well, yes it does:
plesk bin domain -r domain.com

Best,
Felix

i had also this problem and this resolve thanks to IgorG ...
But this should be this error ?
because i got this error anytime i want remove subdomain...
(i just remember that i change the password of admin)
how can i fix that ?

Try to debug this issue in CLI with

# export PLESK_DEBUG=1
# plesk bin subdomain -r sub.domain.com
i had also this problem and this resolve thanks to IgorG ...
But this should be this error ?
because i got this error anytime i want remove subdomain of seficific domain
for example:
i have 2 domains example.com and exmaple2.com.
and if i create subdomain for domain exapmle.com, and after that i delete subdomain, it delete without problems.
BUT if create subdomain for domain exapmle2.com, and after that i delete subdomain, it NOT delete - igot this error Error: Permission denied to remove subdomain ID XX.
(i just remember that i change the password of admin)

someone told me there is mabe virus on exapmle2.com or maybe this domain hacked and this what gave me the error...
how can i fix that ?

If anybody finds that thread and wonders if this works with domains as well, yes it does:
plesk bin domain -r domain.com
YES ... it works also with a domain.
Many thanks!
Is this a Plesk bug or did I do something wrong?

Thanks,

Hi everybody!

I have the same problem on a IIS installation. Removing the subdomain on a specified domain i receive the error: "Error: Permission denied to remove subdomain ID XX
with XX the ID of the subdomain.". I have the error just only on one domain (not on all), and i tried to add one sub-domain on it with success but when i tried to delete it i received the error!
Can somebody help me to find the solution for IIS installation?
Thanks!

Hi everybody!

I have the same problem on a IIS installation. Removing the subdomain on a specified domain i receive the error: "Error: Permission denied to remove subdomain ID XX
with XX the ID of the subdomain.". I have the error just only on one domain (not on all), and i tried to add one sub-domain on it with success but when i tried to delete it i received the error!
Can somebody help me to find the solution for IIS installation?
Thanks!

Please see the Windows CLI docs...

http://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/cli-win/using-command-line-utilities/subdomainexe-subdomains.25760/

To remove forum.example.com from example.com:

subdomain.exe --remove -subdomains forum -domain example.com

or

subdomain.exe -r -subdomains forum -domain example.com

Regards

Lloyd

Try to debug this issue in CLI with
# export PLESK_DEBUG=1
# plesk bin subdomain -r sub.domain.com

In my case, for subdomain x.app.domain.nl, this returns the following:

[root@app log]# plesk bin subdomain -r x.app.domain.nl
Unable to find domain with name 'x.app.domain.nl'

Same goes for "plesk bin subdomain -r x -domain app.domain.nl" and "plesk bin subdomain -r x.app -domain domain.nl"

Seems like Plesk interface reports permission error, but CLI and/or backend just can't handle the x.app... subdomain.

Any suggestions Igor?

Any suggestions Igor?
Most probably that there is plesk database inconsistency. Subdomain doesn't exist physically, but there are some kind of orphaned records about this subdomain in Plesk database. Try to find and fix it with

plesk repair db

Most probably that there is plesk database inconsistency. Subdomain doesn't exist physically, but there are some kind of orphaned records about this subdomain in Plesk database. Try to find and fix it with

plesk repair db

Thanks; this new server (Plesk 12.5.30#45 CentOS 6.8) was rebooted and I just tried to delete some subdomains by CP, which was successful, so have not tested the repair db suggestion.

I am expecting the same problem, with deleting a specific domain. None of the solutions above helped me, i get an Error:

$ plesk bin subdomain -r sub.domain.com
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'swsoft::key::system_error'
what(): open('/etc/sw/keys/lock/.sw-engine-kv.pid'): Permission denied
signal: aborted

Same with plesk reapir tool commands.
I have no clue, what that means. Can anyone help me please? Ich really want to be able, to use this domain again.

open('/etc/sw/keys/lock/.sw-engine-kv.pid'): Permission denied
Make sure that you have the same permissions and owners for directory /etc/sw/keys/lock/:

# stat /etc/sw/keys/lock/
File: ‘/etc/sw/keys/lock/’
Size: 4096 Blocks: 8 IO Block: 4096 directory
Device: 23h/35d Inode: 5769212 Links: 2
Access: (2770/drwxrws---) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 1001/swkey-data)

I had the same error with removing a sub domain. When I press "Manage in Customer Panel" and remove it as if I am the user, it worked for me.

Back