• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

ERROR: PleskFatalException

Shogoki

New Pleskian
Hi

Sorry if the solution was already posted but i tested many of them without any solution !

I just upgraded plesk to 11 !

And when i go to the plesk panel, I have this message :

Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file

0: common_func.php3:153
psaerror(string 'Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file')
1: auth.php3:112
Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file

0: common_func.php3:153
psaerror(string 'Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file')
1: auth.php3:112

Can you help me?

Have you tried bootstrapper repair?
Also you can try reset admin's password with following method:

1) Modify the MySQL server settings in the file /etc/my.cnf and add the skip-grant-tables option in the [mysqld] section. Also set old_passwords=1 to old_passwords=0.

2) Restart the MySQL server:
/etc/init.d/mysqld restart

3) Reset the password in the service table of the MySQL server:
/usr/bin/mysql -D mysql -e"update user set password=PASSWORD('`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`') where User='admin';"

4) Delete the skip-grant-tables option from the /etc/my.cnf file.

5) Restart the MYSQL server:
/etc/init.d/mysqld restart

Back