• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ERROR: PleskMainDBException

M

marklb70

Hi There.

I was upgrading from earlier versions of Plesk and all was going fine until I got to the last upgrade to 8.1 .

This is the error I get when I try to access any function with any of the domains i have hosted on my server.

I am by no means experienced with database mgt or server mgt. so any help would be greatly appreciated.

THanks!

ERROR: PleskMainDBException
Add To FavoritesAdd To Favorites
Up LevelUp Level
MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'uid' in 'field list'

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:216
db_query(string 'select `id`,`cr_date`,`cname`,`pname`,`login`,`account_id`,`status`,`phone`,`fax`,`email`,`address`,`city`,`state`,`pcode`,`country`,`locale`,`limits_id`,`params_id`,`perm_id`,`pool_id`,`logo_id`,`tmpl_id`,`sapp_pool_id`,`uid`,`ownership` from clients where `id`=1')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.Table.php:180
Table->select()
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.cObject.php:443
cObject->fetchAttrsFromTable_()
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.Client.php3:74
Client->Client(string '1')
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:2867
objectMaker(string 'Client', string '1')
5: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.DomainControlForm.php:268
DomainControlForm->assign(object of type BsDomain)
6: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/dom_ctrl.php3:152

This error means that last upgrade procedure was not completed successfully. You can run the following command to check your current Plesk version:

# cat /usr/local/psa/version

and you will see that you still have old Plesk installed.

To troubleshoot the issue please check the exact error in /tmp/autoinstaller3.log file. Usually such errors may concern to incomplete database upgrade, therefore very often they can be fixed with the manually force upgrade ('rpm -Uvh' command). You can also try to upgrade to the latest Plesk version (8.2.1) which has updated autoinstaller that allow avoiding incorrect database upgrade.

I am having a simular issue that you are having but my is related to a a different issue.

I read in the forums of an issue like yours try altering your uid table such as

ALTER TABLE clients ADD uid VARCHAR( 36 ) ;

It should fix your problem if not do a search for "uid varchar (36)

you should be able to find the thread that discusses your problem.

Best of luck!

RBennett

note!
it's highly not recommended to manually change Plesk database!

Back