1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Error received while upgrading: "Failed running rpm transaction"

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Poof, Sep 24, 2007.

  1. Poof

    Poof Guest

    0
     
    Help! Various 7.5.4 -> 8.2 upgrade issues.

    Well, I resolved my previous courier issue... only to get a new one... (Figures, eh?)

    In the middle of the install while it's installing the modules I got:

    Code:
    ===> Registering service
     Trying to register service psa-vpn...  using /sbin/chkconfig
    done
    ===> Registering module
    Shutting down psa-spamassassin service:  [  OK  ]
    There was a fatal RPM error. The message was:
    Failed running rpm transaction
    Filefetcher: get file PSA_8.2.0/plesk-8.2.0-rhel3-i386.inf3
    ERROR: The up2date utility failed to install the required packages.
    Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
    Please, contact product technical support.
    (This was from the autoinstaller3.log file.)

    Any ideas? =/

    Oh ya... And the bonus for this is that I don't have any of my sites working now. Since the installer removed my httpd.include file.

    Edit2: Well, it looks like SOMEHOW the upgrader left some of the 7.5.4 packages installed with 8.2... The base 7.5.4 and the hotfixes were still installed... Attempting a forced rpm reinstall of PSA now.
     
  2. Poof

    Poof Guest

    0
     
    I have to say... The upgrade to 8.2.0 has been the most rockey one I've had to date...

    What fun. >.<
     
  3. Poof

    Poof Guest

    0
     
    Okay... Any ideas for a fix on this one?

    ERROR 1091 (42000) at line 9: Can't DROP 'dom_id_2'; check that column/key exists

    Just hoping somebody has an answer... =/
     
  4. Poof

    Poof Guest

    0
     
    Excuse me but... ARGH!!!!

    Now I'm getting an issue where:
    ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'psa.sa_list' doesn't exist

    This was on a fresh 7.5.4 SQL DB. I verified sa_list and sa_conf existed in the table prior. Then after, sa_conf/sa_list were deleted but spamfilter and spamfilter_preferences were in their place.
     
  5. dash

    dash Regular Pleskian Staff Member

    28
    40%
    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2007
    Messages:
    204
    Likes Received:
    47
    Now you can try 8.2.1 :)
     
  6. Poof

    Poof Guest

    0
     
    Thanks dash! =) Actually, I was a little annoyed when I saw that 8.2.1 came out right as I got 8.2 up and running...

    Also, the thing that was causing all of it... (I restored to my 7.5.4 DB, fixed the bf1942 error first) was that my sa_conf/sa_list tables were too big for it to import. As soon as I cleared those tables then upgraded... It went through perfect.
     
Loading...