• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error received while upgrading: "Failed running rpm transaction"

P

Poof

Help! Various 7.5.4 -> 8.2 upgrade issues.

Well, I resolved my previous courier issue... only to get a new one... (Figures, eh?)

In the middle of the install while it's installing the modules I got:

Code:
===> Registering service
 Trying to register service psa-vpn...  using /sbin/chkconfig
done
===> Registering module
Shutting down psa-spamassassin service:  [  OK  ]
There was a fatal RPM error. The message was:
Failed running rpm transaction
Filefetcher: get file PSA_8.2.0/plesk-8.2.0-rhel3-i386.inf3
ERROR: The up2date utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.

(This was from the autoinstaller3.log file.)

Any ideas? =/

Oh ya... And the bonus for this is that I don't have any of my sites working now. Since the installer removed my httpd.include file.

Edit2: Well, it looks like SOMEHOW the upgrader left some of the 7.5.4 packages installed with 8.2... The base 7.5.4 and the hotfixes were still installed... Attempting a forced rpm reinstall of PSA now.

I have to say... The upgrade to 8.2.0 has been the most rockey one I've had to date...

What fun. >.<

Okay... Any ideas for a fix on this one?

ERROR 1091 (42000) at line 9: Can't DROP 'dom_id_2'; check that column/key exists

Just hoping somebody has an answer... =/

Excuse me but... ARGH!!!!

Now I'm getting an issue where:
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'psa.sa_list' doesn't exist

This was on a fresh 7.5.4 SQL DB. I verified sa_list and sa_conf existed in the table prior. Then after, sa_conf/sa_list were deleted but spamfilter and spamfilter_preferences were in their place.

Thanks dash! =) Actually, I was a little annoyed when I saw that 8.2.1 came out right as I got 8.2 up and running...

Also, the thing that was causing all of it... (I restored to my 7.5.4 DB, fixed the bf1942 error first) was that my sa_conf/sa_list tables were too big for it to import. As soon as I cleared those tables then upgraded... It went through perfect.

Back