• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Error setting mailbox size different than default size in account: The specified limit is invalid

Carlos S

New Pleskian
Hi,

Recently I started to have this error.
- ALL the accounts with mailbox size different than default size in account shows the option "other size" marked (fine), but empty number and the option KB.
- The account size limit is still working and showed fine in the list of all mail accounts of the domain.
- Any change to a mail account, as changing password, needs also to write again the mailboxsize or the change will not work and I'll get the error: The specified limit is invalid (as seen in the screenshot)

I'm running Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS and Plesk Obsidian 18.0.32 update 2.

I run Repair Plesk and the problem persists.

Any idea?

Thanks

P.D: Sorry, I posted in Plesk Onyx instead of Plesk Obsidian section. I don't see an option to delete the post. Can the Moderator send it there? Thanks

bandicam 2021-01-04 20-51-05-321.jpg

Last edited:
According to
it's been solved
"Plesk now preserves custom mailbox size and units of measurements and does not reset them each time the mailbox page is opened. (PPPM-12647)"

Hi Peter, Is there a way to change the mailbox limit by terminal?, In plesk onyx it gives an error and I understand that it is a bug. I need to be able to change it without having to migrate the entire server to obsidian. I need to change the mailbox limit of a single email. Thanks!!

I think this ought to be something like
# plesk bin subscription_settings -update <your subscription domain> -mbox_quota <new mailbox quota>
Example:
# plesk bin subscription_settings -update somedomainname.com -mbox_quota 2G

Peter, my apologies, I asked you for information that is clearly posted on the plesk center. my apologies!

Not a problem. That's where we all get our information, and questions help me to research and learn.

Back