• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ERROR: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.

AdamSa12

Basic Pleskian
I have a dedicated server SP 32G 120 SSD from OVH, using CentOS 6.4 64bit (clear distribution)

During installation of Plesk 11.0.9 an error appear:

ERROR: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages. Attention! Your software might be inoperable. Please, contact product technical support.

What does it mean? How can I fix it?

I tries do this either on the VPS from OVH or other small company VPS and it is working perfectly. So why not in dedicated server OVH?

Sorry I haven't got any logs...

This what I know is: OVH changed their kernels into 3.2.13 ;( is this can make any problems?

You can find autoinstaller log in file /tmp/autoinstaller3.log
Try to find related error messages there.

There are many messages like

Attempt to remove '32:bind-chroot-9.8.2-0.17.rc1.el6_4.4.x86_64' to resolve conflict has failed

So, manual intervention is required for removing package bind-chroot-9.8.2-0.17.rc1.el6_4.4.x86_64
Try to do it with something like

rpm -e bind-chroot-9.8.2-0.17.rc1.el6_4.4.x86_64

Most probably some dependences should be removed too. Contact Support Team if you can't do it by yourself.

Thank you IgorG

I didn't have any problem with Plesk installation, but after purchase dedicated server from OVH, problems started! All of them distributions have changed karnels, some files ect. ! why?!

I can use ready made Linux distribution with already Plesk installed, but OVH chcanged some things inside Plesk, such us SSL cert. orders ect. !! agggrrrr

Back