• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Error: There are no files in the uploaded ZIP archive

Tran Ngoc

New Pleskian
Hello,

My Plesk Onyx is installed on windows 2012 server, when I import dump to mssql database, it shows error message: "There are no files in the uploaded ZIP archive"

Untitled.png

Can anyone tell me how to fix this.

Thank so much!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 4
I am not a Plesk for Windows expert, but here is my guess: According to your screenshot there are no tables in your database ("Tables: 0"). When you export no tables, probably there are no tables being exported. When you re-import no tables, it is very likely that there will be no dump contents in the dump file, because there have not been any tables in the database. Leading to the conclusion that a ZIP-file that does not have any tables in it does not have anything in it to import. For that reason you are seeing "There are no files in the uploaded ZIP archive.".

I am not a Plesk for Windows expert, but here is my guess: According to your screenshot there are no tables in your database ("Tables: 0"). When you export no tables, probably there are no tables being exported. When you re-import no tables, it is very likely that there will be no dump contents in the dump file, because there have not been any tables in the database. Leading to the conclusion that a ZIP-file that does not have any tables in it does not have anything in it to import. For that reason you are seeing "There are no files in the uploaded ZIP archive.".
Dear Peter,
Thank you for replying. I also guessed like what you guess. I checked the exported zip file and there is a file in the ZIP-file (as image attached), but it still showed error "There are no files in the uploaded ZIP archive."
I tried installing Plesk on a new installed Windows 2012 server but this error still happened.
I think the plesk programmers who defined this error may know how to resolve this.

Attachments

• plsk-error.png
    plsk-error.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 6
It will be interesting to know what's in the file, because if you have no tables in the database, what exactly has been exported? Can you unpack the file and take a look inside?

Bad idea to provide login credentials publicly. Use private conversation for it.

Dear IgorG, this is just a testing account, I will delete it after Peter does his test, I think it's fine.
Anyway, bad practice. Please use private conversation for such kind of messages.

The question was what you see in your zipped file on your computer. I cannot provide time and effort to do individual support on your machine :(

The question was what you see in your zipped file on your computer. I cannot provide time and effort to do individual support on your machine :(
Dear Peter, the zipped file is not empty. there is a dump file of the database in the zipped file. The database is not empty also. I sent you a private conversation with login details of a test account. I hope you will login to see that error with more details :)

Or some more information. Because I tried to export-import with/without download, with/without removing of database, with empty database and not empty.
I can reproduce problem only if I really upload empty archive.

Or some more information. Because I tried to export-import with/without download, with/without removing of database, with empty database and not empty.
I can reproduce problem only if I really upload empty archive.
Hello,
Thank you for looking into my issue. I've just sent you a private message with login details to check and test this problem on my server. The error message "There are no files in the uploaded ZIP archive" appears both when import MSSQL and MySQL database.

Thank you for access. So, I tried to import your test database on my Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 (Win Server 2012 R2 x64, MSSQL 2012) and operation is finished successfully. It means that archive is OK.
Import on your server works too if you download backup, remove it from your vhost and upload it again during import.
I think this problem connected with file permissions on vhost dir. Deeper investigation is needed.

Also it may be not enougth permissions for "%plesk_dir%\PrivateTemp" folder. System MSSQL user must have access to "PrivateTemp" folder.
You may try to execute such command to fix it:
plesk repair --directory-permissions -directory "%plesk_dir%\PrivateTemp"

Could you look, please at panel.log (with turned on debug mode in panel.ini) and find executon of "dbbackup" utility there.
Look at parameters of this utility. Maybe there is wrong path or something else (The path must be like "%plesk_dir%/PrivateTemp/...", but not "%plesk_vhosts%/...").
Then look at "%plesk_dir%/PrivateTemp/..." after import. Was imported file copied from vhost dir to the PrivateTemp?
If you see something wrong, please write the answer there.

Could you look, please at panel.log (with turned on debug mode in panel.ini) and find executon of "dbbackup" utility there.
Look at parameters of this utility. Maybe there is wrong path or something else (The path must be like "%plesk_dir%/PrivateTemp/...", but not "%plesk_vhosts%/...").
Then look at "%plesk_dir%/PrivateTemp/..." after import. Was imported file copied from vhost dir to the PrivateTemp?
If you see something wrong, please write the answer there.
I download the dump file, execute the command plesk repair --directory-permissions -directory "%plesk_dir%\PrivateTemp", and then importing by uploading the dump file and it import successfully. (y)
But when I upload the dump file by FTP and then importing by browsing the uploaded file it still shows error message "There are no files in the uploaded ZIP archive."
Please tell me the location of panel.log or panel.ini so that I can follow your instructions. Thank you vkolotov.

Sorry. On Windows you should look not panel.log, but "php_error[timestamp].log". It placed at "%plesk_dir%\admin\logs".
To turn on debug mode:
- if %plesk_dir%\admin\conf\panel.ini does not exist, rename %plesk_dir%\admin\conf\panel.ini.sample to "panel.ini"
- Open panel.ini and uncomment line "enabled = on" in "[debug]" section.
- Uncomment lines "filter.priority = 7", "show.util_exec = on" and "show.util_exec_io = on" in "[log]" section.

Back