• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Error: Unable to access the storage: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_7.9p1 Debian-10+deb10u2

eruizmillan

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am trying to connect to an FTP server (vsftpd: version 3.0.3) from Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.31 on CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 and Plesk responds with the following error:

Code:
Error: Unable to access the storage: Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: (28) Timeout was reached: Last FTP request: Last FTP response: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_7.9p1 Debian-10+deb10u2
Make sure you have entered the correct storage settings. You can check them independently with the command:
curl -v --ftp-pasv --ssl -k -u <user> 'ftp://XXXXXXXXXX'

I try to connect to the FTP server from terminal and with Filezilla and I access correctly.

I have Firewall active and in the configuration, I have open the FTP ports: 20,21 and 22. I also have the IP authorized.

What could be the problem?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Enrique

You could try this:
1) Please check whether /etc/proftpd.d/passive_ports.conf exists. If it does not exist, please create /etc/proftpd.d/passive_ports.conf with this content (1 line only):
PassivePorts 45000 50000
2) Then add the ports range 45000 50000 to your firewall

Long version:

Thank you for your help @Peter Debik

I have applied the change but I have the same error:

Code:
Error: Unable to access the storage: Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: (28) Timeout was reached: Last FTP request: Last FTP response: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_7.9p1 Debian-10+deb10u2

Thanks

It's almost certainly a firewall issue. There have been tons of similar posts over the past years here and several support articles. I am lost why the solution would not work in this case. Did it ever work before, meaning is this a new issue on a system where it formerly worked? Or is this a new installation?

Are you hosting at OVH? I have heard several times that there is an additional firewall before many servers where some ports need to be opened, too, for traffic to pass. That firewall can be configured in your service panel (outside Plesk) of your server.

Else I suggest to open a ticket with official Plesk support, because there is not really much else but the passive port range firewall issue - unless someone with Debian Linux on here knows more? I'd be happy to know the solution.

Here is another article regarding the issue:

Back