• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to set up Remote Storage Settings

Paolo Percassi

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.7 (Stone Smilodon)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.48, last updated on Nov 18, 2022 12:51 PM
I'm new in this community but not new to Plesk. I manage 4 servers equipped with Plesk Obsidian. All servers are configured to make backup in a remote FTP storage. I've activated a new server and configuring backup to the same FTP storage, i receive an error. Trying the direct curl command from SSH shell of the same server, I've no problem.

The message trying configure the FTP remote storage in Backup Settings says:

Error: Unable to access the storage: Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: (28) Timeout was reached: Last FTP request: LIST Last FTP response: 200 Type set to A
Make sure you have entered the correct storage settings. You can check them independently with the command:
curl -v -P - -u xxxxxxxxx 'ftp://xxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.xx/foldername/'

I take a look in my FTP storage and i found the configure process created correctly a folder called "check0".

If i try the curl command in the SSH of the same server, i've no problem and the output is:

* Trying xx.xx.xx.xxx...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to xxxxxx.xxxxxxxx.xx (xx.xx.xx.xx) port 21 (#0)
< 220 NASFTPD Turbo station 1.3.6 Server (ProFTPD) [::ffff:xx.xx.xx.xx]
> USER XXXXXXX
< 331 Password required for FTPProOne
> PASS XXXXXXXXXXX
< 230 User FTPProOne logged in
> PWD
< 257 "/" is the current directory
* Entry path is '/'
> CWD foldername
* ftp_perform ends with SECONDARY: 0
< 250 CWD command successful
> EPRT |1|yy.yy.yy.yy|58499|
< 200 EPRT command successful
* Connect data stream actively
> TYPE A
< 200 Type set to A
> LIST
< 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
* Maxdownload = -1
* Preparing for accepting server on data port
* Checking for server connect
* Ready to accept data connection from server
* Connection accepted from server
drwxrwxrwx 2 XXXXXXX everyone 4096 Nov 20 18:19 check0
* Remembering we are in dir "foldername/"
< 226 Transfer complete
* Connection #0 to host xxxx.xxxxxxxxx.xx left intact

Any suggestion is welcome and sorry for my non perfect english.

Plesk uses several concurrent connections to improve performance by default. And on FTP server side may be limitations on the number of concurrent connections.

To solve the issue, please try to add the option ftpForbidReuseConnection into [pmm] section in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini:

[pmm]
ftpForbidReuseConnection = 1

This way, the number of used connections during backups creation will be decreased so that a remote FTP server can handle this type of connection.
As an alternative workaround, increase the limit of the number of connections on the FTP server side.

Thank you IgorG.

I tried your suggestion but i reached no result. The problem remains the same. I've also restarted the server after having modified panel.ini file.

Back