• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ERROR: Unable to generate the web server configuration file

g4marc

Basic Pleskian
Hi, after ne last update, i get this error:

Unable to generate the web server configuration file on the host <xxx.de> because of the following errors:

Template_Exception: nginx: [emerg] PEM_read_bio_X509_AUX("/usr/local/psa/var/certificates/certRHXRsQy") failed (SSL: error:0906D064:pEM routines:pEM_read_bio:bad base64 decode)
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Writer/Webserver/Abstract.php
line: 75
code: 0

Please resolve the errors in web server configuration templates and generate the file again.

the websites of my customer are not reachable now, i need help very urgent!

tryd to repair it, i get this error:

Konfigurieren des Webservers nicht möglich:Execution failed. Command: httpdmng Arguments: Array ( [0] => --reconfigure-all ) Details: Execution failed. Command: httpdmng Arguments: Array ( [0] => --reconfigure-server [1] => -no-restart ) Details: [2014-07-28 16:18:04] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed [2014-07-28 16:18:06] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed [2014-07-28 16:18:06] ERR [panel] Apache config (14065570830.87591200) generation failed: Template_Exception: nginx: [emerg] PEM_read_bio_X509_AUX("/usr/local/psa/var/certificates/certRHXRsQy") failed (SSL: error:0906D064:pEM routines:pEM_read_bio:bad base64 decode) nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Writer/Webserver/Abstract.php line: 75 code: 0 nginx: [emerg] PEM_read_bio_X509_AUX("/usr/local/psa/var/certificates/certRHXRsQy") failed (SSL: error:0906D064:pEM routines:pEM_read_bio:bad base64 decode) nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

I have found the reason for this errors.
there was a problem with the certificate, so you don't be able to repair the broken files, that causes in unable to start apache server.
i created a new one by myself and set it as default.
after this, i could repair all broken files with the just installed Plesk "Webserver Configurations Troubleshooter extension" 8)

maybe someone find it usefull in that case...

but i have only one weired issue:
after this, PSA uses my new cert for administration, but at "SSL Certificates" the AP shows the wrong used certificate? also i can't delete it, because i would be in use??
This is strange, because the setting in "IP-Adresses" shows the other one, that i have created and that is been used by plesk!?

How can i fix this issue? i don't want get a new problem with this "certificate-thing" at the next update!

Back