• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error: Unable to retrieve information about the PHP configuration

Stergios G

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.8 (Sapphire Caracal)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian V. 18.0.52
Hi all,
On php setting when i try to check php info (by using the link: View the phpinfo() page) i get the error:
"Unable to retrieve information about the PHP configuration."

This is a dedicate server and it hosts two websites. (WordPress, magento).

The error appears:
  • On one of this host subscription (magento). On the other subscription phpinfo link works fine, on any php version.
  • On php 7.3, 7.4, on other php versions (8.0, 8.1) i have no problem.
  • When i create a new php info file and i try to show on my browser (mydomain.com/info.php), i get error 404.
on Log Brower > Plesk tab, i have those errors when i click phpinfo link:
  • Unable to retrieve information about the PHP configuration.
  • Failed to execute request: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
What i have already try with no luck:
  1. # plesk repair web domain.com
    # plesk repair fs domain.com - Issue - Error: Unable to retrieve information about the PHP configuration
  2. Temporarily disable the Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS option - Resolved - Error: Unable to retrieve information about the PHP configuration
  3. compare php.ini files between different php versions (from Tools & Settings> PHP settings).
  4. check .htaccess files for any disabled functions or disabled restrictive rewrite rules - https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...rieve-information-about-the-PHP-configuration
  5. i think i have read any post here.
Any other idea please?

You checked .htaccess, yet it is possible that this interferes with the function. Also make sure that on upper directories there are no additional .htaccess files. Some users have such a file in their subscription root directory. That would actually influence everything below.

Sometimes switching to another PHP version then switching back to the one you are using helps.

Thnx Peter for your reply.
Well, what i noticed? this is .htaccess content on /httpdocs folder:
Code:
#remove this line to enable live site
#DirectoryIndex index.html index.php

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/pub/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/setup/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/update/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/dev/
RewriteRule .* /pub/$0 [L]
DirectoryIndex index.php

When i remove all lines (magento stop working) but php info works!
So that was the problem the "RewriteCond"

Back