• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error Updating DNS Record (Plesk 10.4.4 Windows 2008 RD SP1)

rohankleem

New Pleskian
After trying to update dns records for a domain name (changing the A Record for mail), I get...
----------------------------------------------------

The operation you were performing failed. You can retry the operation with or without changing its parameters. You may also want to report this problem to our support so that we could help you as soon as possible.

dnsmng::update() failed: dnsmng failed: Unknown error 0x80131501 (COM Error 80131501, Description: Provider load failure ) at createPrimaryZone ZoneName = '40.125.202.in-addr.arpa'
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: DNSManager.php:954
DNSManager::updateDNSZone(object of type DNSZone, boolean false, boolean false, boolean false, boolean false)
1: DomainAlias.php:237
DomainAlias->update()
2: DomainAliasesManager.php:192
DomainAliasesManager::updateDomainAlias(object of type DomainAlias, boolean true, boolean true)
3: DNSManager.php:934
DNSManager::updateDNSZone(object of type DNSZone, boolean false, boolean false, boolean true)
4: DNSZoneEdit.php:142
DNSZoneEdit->applyChanges()
5: DNSUIPointer.php:43
DNSUIPointer->accessItem(string 'POST', NULL null)
6: UIPointer.php:600
UIPointer->access(string 'POST')
7: plesk.php:50

What interface do I use to type this in? Is this command prompt? And which directory can the exe file be found in?
--------------------
1)-------
Is this it....
Windows Cmmand Prompt:
cmd> %plesk_dir%\admin\bin\defpackagemng.exe --fix --type=dnsserver
2) --------------------------
This failed.

After executing defpackagemng.exe with those arguments from Command Prompt, the command screen paused for 20 seconds, the error message was:

Execute dnsmng.exe REMOVE * failed with error code 1: Unknown error 0x80131501 (COM Error 80131501, Description: Provider load failure > at allow recursion
3) ---------------------------------------
Despite the error in Command Prompt, I have been able to update the DNS of a selected domain name with a success message. The DNS settings in the domain control panel appears to have updated the A Record for mail successfully, but I will have to wait to see if the change propagates to other name servers (previously it was not propagating to other name servers despite the changed IP showing in Plesk CP)

Last edited:
Back