• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error, what does it mean?

Pleskie

Regular Pleskian
This is the error that appears in panel.log with verbose logging level 7 enabled.

[2016-06-10 04:02:31] WARN [panel] Failed to fetch customizations from Partner Central (https://ka.plesk.com:5224): Invalid HTTP response, HTTP error 504
[2016-06-10 04:02:31] INFO [panel] == End Load Partner Central Customizations
[2016-06-10 04:02:31] INFO [panel] == Task finish Load Partner Central Customizations
What does it mean and what is causing it? (Or where should I look to find out what is causing this error?)

I checked earlier and ka.plesk.com:5224 is pointing to the correct IP address.

@Pleskie,

That is an error related to the license, i.e. some errors are present when getting information from the (external) licensing server (Plesk).

In general, this error can be ignored, in most of the cases the error is of temporary nature.

Regards....

Thanks Trialotto. I do think it's a bit strange since a "504" error code means "Gateway Timeout error".
It looks like some sort of communication error :-s

Last night, exactly the same in panel.log. Someone from Plesk-crew who can explains what is going on here?

[2016-06-11 04:02:36] WARN [panel] Failed to fetch customizations from Partner Central (https://ka.plesk.com:5224): Invalid HTTP response, HTTP error 504
[2016-06-11 04:02:36] INFO [panel] == End Load Partner Central Customizations
[2016-06-11 04:02:36] INFO [panel] == Task finish Load Partner Central Customizations

@Pleskie,

Again, it is a licensing server related issue: not a problem on the server side, but on the side of Plesk´s licensing server.

Regards

@Olray,

Some news for you: the Plesk Team does not often respond to these kind of questions, but solves the issue on the side of the licensing server, without further notification.

My answers might have been more convincing in the days Plesk Expert badges were present on my profile.

But it can never do harm to ask Plesk Team, over and over again, I would recommend to do so. Just send them a PM if they do not answer the post.

Regards....

Thanks both for your responses. It is indeed a bit 'annoying' that the Plesk-crew doesn't answer these questions.

I would assume that helping each other (by answering questions) is the purpose of a forum like this.

I do want to emphasize that I do truly appreciate your efforts trialotto. It seems as if you are the only one willing to answer my questions.

Another example. In this topic I mention an error I quite often get in panel.log. It's really annoying because I don't know if it's a problem on my own server side or not. I was told to check DNS and enable verbose logging. And so I did these things and posted them on the forum. However not a single response from anyone, or maybe I'm being a bit to impatient ... I don't know :-(

@Pleskie,

Well, to explain a bit about the degree of responses, I have to mention the following:

a) the forum is a "community forum", in the sense that it is "by and for" forum members, even though sometimes the forum is mistaken for a "support forum",

b) there used to be an Expert Program and the members of that program were forum members with considerable expertise, spending time on the forum on a voluntary (!) basis

In the past, these Plesk Experts were distinguishable by their (distinctive) badge, which badge has seemed to be lost somehow.

I am or was one of the Plesk Experts.

However, a new Plesk Expert program has been introduced, with considerable emphasis on certification (read: a lot of exams, followed by certification).

I have been discussing that new Expert program and the loss of the distinctive badge with Plesk Team, to no avail.

In essence, there is now one (or maybe two) certified Plesk Expert(s), who has to deal with the forum (again) on a voluntary (!) basis.

It is not clear yet what the role of the "former Plesk Experts" will be, but that does not bother me, I will keep answering questions if I can.

c) Plesk Team is often rather busy, so some patience would be rather appropriate.

In summary and conclusion: given the above, it is not surprising that answers do not follow or do not follow immediately.

I did have a look at the other topic, but I am not sure what happens there: a connection throttle on the side of your server, or a connection throttle on the APS server side.

You can check the presence of a connection throttle on your server by simple using FTP (filezilla), uploading a (single) file of something like 10MB and watching the transfer rates.

I am pretty sure that the transfer rates will be ok.

In the latter case, you can always do a (software) reboot (command "reboot" in SSH) and that will often clear up any issues on the side of your hosting provider.

After all, if you get to the limits of your allowed traffic, most hosting providers will provide a bandwidth throttle, but that is not as low as 500bytes per second.

The reboot will also take care of all useless processes that have no endresult, but keep on using bandwidth and/or available connections.

If all of the above does not help, one has tot suspect an entirely different root cause of the problem, very likely not to be related to the APS server.

Just try.......and send me a PM if it does not work.

Regards....

Yes, I can confirm that there are following possible problems from our side can be considered as reasons for this issue:

- KA downtime at the moment of connection;
- KA overload at the moment of connection;

You can send me in PM your server IP address and we will check it in KA logs.

@Pleskie we have checked this issue with your IP address in KA logs.
I can say that there were 3 unsuccessful connections - 1 and 3 attempts were caused by temporary KA backend problems and attempt 2 was caused timeout with SSL handshake and it may be related to networks issue from KA side or from your ISP side.
Also, I see in KA logs many successful connections from your IP.
So, it was a temporary problem, I think.

@IgorG

It probably was not only a connection issue, some issues did arise with additional licenses (for instance, prefix in the license number of Unity add-on changed from APS to EXT).

If I am not mistaken, KA related issues were present for most people with the Power Pack.

Can you check that too?

Regards....

PS For exact details or STR, just start a conversation...

@IgorG

Thanks for verifying!

I just checked my panel.log and this night there was the same error again and also 3 days ago. So it's not really very stable. Apparently sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I hope that at least the problem will be solved on the KA side so things will get better. I don't have a clue what trialotto is talking about :) but maybe that's worth checking out as well.

For now, many thanks!

@IgorG

We really have renamed some of the licenses. Namely, whenever the APS was prefixed, we replaced it with the prefix EXT. It should not lead to any malfunctions. Here is related KB article - https://kb.plesk.com/en/129037

I think that you are right, but I have experienced that licenses to be renewed at 12th of june (with APS prefix) were not updated.

That cannot be explained with KA related errors and, if you are right, also not explained with "license related prefix" issues.

Note that errors (when disregarding KA errors and prefix changes) are only related to Unity, who has had several license related errors (read: issues with licensing server).

Can you verify what the Unity related issues are caused by? (Note that more people have this problem, it is an issue that returns every now and then)

Regards

Can you verify what the Unity related issues are caused by? (Note that more people have this problem, it is an issue that returns every now and then)
We would hereby like to inform you that UnityMobile, our long term Partner for mobile website solutions on Plesk servers, has ceased all business operations from May 2016. This means that July 8 all licenses of UnityMobile that were provisioned through Plesk KA license system, will be deactivated and their respective support ceased.

Back