• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error when upgrading 7.1.6 to 7.5.2

P

panda

I tried to upgrade Plesk reloaded on Red Hat Enterprise 3 from version 7.1.6 to 7.5.2 and it failed. I received the following error messages:

error: Failed dependencies:
psa-migration-manager < 7.5 conflicts with psa-7.5.2-rhel3.build75050130.17
psa < 7.2.0 is needed by (installed) psa-agent-1.3.2-2_psa7.1
psa = 7.1.6 is needed by (installed) psa-bu-7.1.6-rhel3.build71041118.17

I did have a failed upgrade using the Plesk interface, and a few months ago had some problems when upgrading to 7.1.5. I don't know if these errors are a result of those earlier problems.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get past these errors? Would it be okay in this situation to force the installation using the --nodeps parameter?

HI

Don't worry these dependencies are common thing all you have to do is just install .rpm's manually that are required they are listed in the error usually

Cheers

I got these errors when doing the update manually. What you're saying is to go ahead and override the dependencies errors in this case with the --nodeps switch for rpm?

Thanks for the help.

The easiest way to upgrade is to go to Art's site (http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com) and look into his yum project. If you install yum, configure your yum.conf file per ART's documentation, it's as easy as:

#yum install psa

It will resolve dependancies automatically.

Back