• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error with missing FTP component after login

Sunyl7

New Pleskian
Something went wrong and I cannot make out, We'd Plesk 9.5.2 and was running fine yesterday but somehow today I'm getting following error after login to Plesk.

--------
Warning: In order for Parallels Plesk Panel to work, you need to select the default components from the list below. Make sure that the components you select are properly installed and configured. It is possible to change your selection afterwards.

FTP Server *
FTP Publishing Service (not installed)
Gene6 FTP Server (not installed)
Microsoft FTP Service 7.5.7601.17550
Serv-U FTP Server (not installed)
--------

First I checked in service managed and can see FTP package installed, so I ran defpackagemng and reconfigured FTP

defpackagemng.exe --fix --type=ftpserver
ftpmng.exe --remove-all
ftpmng.exe --reconfigure-all

Still no luck :(

I then upgraded Plesk to 9.5.5, upgrade went smoothly, then upon checking the registry for ftpserver I see nothing in
(Default) value of key. So as per PavelV I ran following commands -

This is pretty hacky solution, but to resolve this situation fast I recommend you to:
1) call ftpmng.exe --remove-all
2) call ftpmng.exe --stop
3) open regedit, navigate to key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Plesk\PSA Config\Config\Packages\ftpserver , see that (Default) value of key is gene6. change this value to iisftp7.
4) call ftpmng.exe --install
5) call ftpmng.exe --start
6) call ftpmng.exe --reconfigure-all

Still no luck :(

Any help from parallels will be appreciated.
Thanks

Hey guys good news after running ftpmng.exe --reconfigure-all (which took a while) then I rebooted the server and everything is working fine now :)

So the steps I followed were proper :)

Got now new issue.. all sites are now throwing 500.0 - Internal Server Error, any help would be appreciated.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all

External component has thrown an exception.
In IIS7NativeProvider module
Exception type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
at _CxxThrowException(Void* , _s__ThrowInfo* )
at ServerManagerFactory.commit()
at IIS7ServerManager.commit(IIS7ServerManager* )

The specified username is invalid. (Error code 2202) at NetUserAdd()

Any idea ?

Back