• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error with Nginx Reverse Proxy Service Enabled

zepelin57

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
I do not understand what is happening with this service. When I stop the service, all sites have jquery.min.js error (see attachment). When I restart the service errors disappear but some related functions no longer work. Example: popup on image no longer opens without error.
All this happened after Plesk's 17.8.x update. I really need help because I do not understand what is happening!
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Sans titre 1.jpg
    Sans titre 1.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 12
When you turn of Nginx Proxy you have two choices
a) All files should be processed by Apache, not by Nginx. Is this what you want?
b) All files should be processed by Nginx, not by Apache. Is this what you want?
In case (b) make sure that your .htaccess rewrite rules are translated into Nginx rules and placed into the additional Nginx directives section. Else some paths won't be resolved correctly, some files not loaded (for example a .js file that is located in a rewritten path), hence the scripts won't load.
In case (a) make sure that you wait for the server restart interval to expire, so that the new configuration becomes active in Apache and Nginx.

Hello Peter,
Thank you for your answer.

I want (a) all files be processed by Apache. But I d'ont understand your answer :
In case (a) make sure that you wait for the server restart interval to expire, so that the new configuration becomes active in Apache and Nginx.

If you do not want to use Nginx I suggest to disable it altogether:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/nginxmng -d

Thank you very much Peter.

There was one last problem with the pagespeed module that caused the latest errors. After removing the module, clear the cache and restart Apache everything is back to normal.

Back