• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error with PostgreSQL update to 8.0.4

A

acidbox

I have a working copy of 7.5.4 with PostgreSQL installed in the plesk control panel.

I recently upgraded to 8.0.4 via the rpms provided on the postgres website.

I ran into some issues that prevent it from working.

As a little background, when I tried to first install the RPMS, i had these dep issues:

error: Failed dependencies:
libpq.so.3 is needed by (installed) perl-DBD-Pg-1.21-2
libpq.so.3 is needed by (installed) php-pgsql-4.3.11-8.rhel3.art
So, I had to install a compatibility rpm to get postgres to update correctly.

Here's whats in the compat RPM.
rpm -qlp compat-postgresql-libs-3-3PGDG.i686.rpm
warning: compat-postgresql-libs-3-3PGDG.i686.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 748f7d0e
/usr/lib/libecpg.so.4
/usr/lib/libecpg.so.4.1
/usr/lib/libecpg_compat.so.1
/usr/lib/libecpg_compat.so.1.2
/usr/lib/libpgtypes.so.1
/usr/lib/libpgtypes.so.1.2
/usr/lib/libpq.so.3
/usr/lib/libpq.so.3.1

Now, the management from the plesk interface has disappeared.

When I try to start postgresql from the plesk interface, i get:

Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by pg_manage: Unable to start PostgreSQL. 1
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:28 psaerror(string "Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by pg_manage: Unable to start PostgreSQL. 1")

When I try to start postgres from the command line, it asks me for a password, and i've tried the previous password that i used in plesk and it doesn't take.

Is the compat rpm what's causing plesk not to upgrade correctly? If so, is there an alternate compat library that will work? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I'm frustrated.

Back