1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Errors after backing up account

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Alan_SP, May 26, 2012.

1. Alan_SP

Alan_SP Basic Pleskian

60%
    I upgraded my server (yum upgrade) and also upgraded Plesk to the latest (from 10.1.1 to 10.4.4 with latest micropatches).

There is one bug, with time zone. I set server's time zone to GMT +2 Europe/Vienna, but backup starts like server time is GMT (backup starts two hours later). But, with this bug I could cope, manually setting backup time two hours earlier then I want it to start.

But, there's a problem that worries me.

I have two accounts and for one, bigger (backup size is about 2GB) I always receive email that there was errror:

Task was created by with guid (dee9005e-8d34-45ec-8006-1c403eff3764)

Creation date is: 2012-May-26 05:43:02
    Task status is: error

Dump full name is: dnevni-account_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_1205260543.tar
    File is created, I see it. Backup is done using FTP repository. But, now I'm not sure if there's serious error, could I restore this backup, or is this just a waste of time. When I was on 10.1.1 backup task was finishing without errors, with similar size.

What is happening and why? Are backing up functional and reliable with Plesk 10.4.4?

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
  3. Alan_SP

Alan_SP Basic Pleskian

60%
    This is what's in the logs:

I see that mysqlo server has gone away, but I don't see restarts of mysql server. At the moment it is the latest from atomic, 5.5.24. When I was on 5.1.x, there was no this errors (still has some logs from that time).

Is it really failed to make dump of database, or not? Is there a way that I could test backup without actually restoring it?

4. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Increase the 'wait_timeout' in '/etc/my.cnf' and restart mysql.

5. Alan_SP

Alan_SP Basic Pleskian

60%
    Ok, thanks.

It was 20, now I'm trying with 120, to see will it solve this problem.

EDIT: It wasn't enough, trying with 360.

Strange thing is, now backup started when I scheduled it, i.e. not two hours later, as it was starting for days. Very strange, like changing this setting in mysql influenced server time.

Last edited: May 29, 2012