• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

eShop comments & ideas

D

dwightk

I am trying valiantly to make the eShop work for the simple store needs of a small Rotary Club. There are some eShop issues that make it difficult to use.......

There is no "cart" icon or menu choice anyplace. If you "Add to Cart" an item, you have to then "Buy" an item to see the cart. Please make a cart icon show up someplace like every other store in the world.

Why not put the cart icon in the unused and unusable submenu area since we can't add sub pages- and....

How about showing at least the top level categories as sub menu choices. If you you don't want to allow that, then allow us to add pages under the store so we can direct shoppers to other categories.

There doesn't seem to be any way to sort products. Sure would be nice to alter the order they are shown in the store.

It would be very helpful if the inventory tracking scheme actually made a product unavailable once inventory reaches zero ..... Also would also help if the purchase was subtracted from inventory when the sale is made, rather than waiting for an administrator to login and change the order status.

Phone number doesn't show up on the order emails. Please make all fields available on the store owner email.

Would be nice to have a Notes / Special Instructions field along with the address info

Would be nice to have a checkbox to make a category active/inactive. That would allow products to be added and ready but not shown until desired. Would be useful to do this at the product level as well. The current scheme forces all uncategorized products to show on the front page, which is occasionally handy but not always. Maybe a check box to determine whether a product is hidden, shown on front page or within categories - or even both front page and categories.....

It's been a year.

No meaningful changes

Will there ever be improvements to SiteBuilder? Do you have any intention of fixing the eShop issues?

Still no response - Wow

It's another 10 days - still no response. Sure would be nice to know if it's worth spending any more time and money on a product that appears to be left to die. Is there anybody at Parallels that cares at all about Sitebuilder? Are you guys working on an update that will address our concerns ... or are you just gonna milk it for all you can at this point?

Hi,

I'd second that too. Been nearly a year since any update whatsoever.

Thx

Have you found an alternative?

At this point I'd be curious to know if you have found an alternative that might be worth trying.

I went with Sitebuilder assuming the product would be supported by this big, well known - presumably well funded company. Apparently my trust was misplaced.

Hi,

Well there are alternatives but it really depends on what you need. I've evaluated lots of them albeit over a year ago. It all comes down to what you need and how you need it really.

Parallels are a big company so no idea why they are supporting the product much. I guess it a small revenue generator and the core of the market is in the Plesk Hosting Platform and higher end services.

Back