• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question ETA for Plesk Obsidian with Debian 10

Martin.H

Regular Pleskian
I dont know if already asked but I would like to know if there is any ETA for Debian 10 compatibility.
Would like to upgrade as soon as possible.

Hope there are some precise answers/informations.

As you may know, the support of CentOS8 was shifted to 18.0.23 or maybe later. Thus, the support of Debian 10 will be after that. We have no exact ETA yet.

CentOS8 was shifted to 18.0.23

IgorG I was so happy today seeing that 18.0.23 is beeing released. I understand that back in Nov 2019 noone exactly could say when Debian 10 (and before CentOS 8) will be supported.

Just wanted to ask if there are any news on this? No ETA but maybe how far things are.

Btw: 2 years in this forum now :D

Just wanted to ask if there are any news on this? No ETA but maybe how far things are.
In fact, work on CentOS 8 support turned out to be much more difficult than expected. Therefore, the CentOS 8 support release is still delayed. After that, our developers will begin work on supporting Debian 10.
Please be patient. We do everything to make you happy with the result of our work.

Thanks IgorG. We're also looking to upgrade our Plesk servers to Debian 10, so it's good to know what the status of it is.
We will wait until you've finished work on it.

Hi there, we are planning to renew our servers. Now Debian7/8. I would like to use Debian 10 and Plesk Obsidian. Can you tell us, when Debian 10 support for Plesk Obsidian will arive? Thanks in advance!

Hi there, we are planning to renew our servers. Now Debian7/8. I would like to use Debian 10 and Plesk Obsidian. Can you tell us, when Debian 10 support for Plesk Obsidian will arive? Thanks in advance!

I think noone can exactly tell you. But let me quote @IgorG here:
[...] the support of CentOS8 was shifted [...]. Thus, the support of Debian 10 will be after that. We have no exact ETA yet.

CentOS 8 now is supported. But with some limitations. I'am also wainting for the exact same reason. So you are not alone. But we still have to wait. I'm pretty sure that you already could (unofficially) install it on Debian 10 but I would not do it for production servers

Thank you for the information so far. Unfortunately I need it for production so I'm with you - installing Plesk Obsidian at Debian 10 as "unofficial" is no go :cool:

CentOS8 was shifted to 18.0.23 or maybe later. Thus, the support of Debian 10 will be after that. We have no exact ETA yet.

@IgorG are there any news on this? Maybe just a hint if it will take something about weeks or monthes?
We are going to set up servers soon and want to know if its worth the waitor if we can just start right away and later upgrade

CentOS 8 support release is still delayed. After that, our developers will begin work on supporting Debian 10.
Did they already started? Just some smal hints would be awesome :)

Thanks in advance!

@Martin.H I see that the story from the thread about Centos 8 is repeating itself. Constant questions about the timing, hints, ETA and so on. Believe me, I perfectly understand your interest and concern. I really appreciate your interest. Of course, work is ongoing, and as I wrote more than once in the topic about Centos 8, everything is very difficult and we cannot give any exact dates. And giving inaccurate terms is impractical neither to you nor to us, is it?

Back