• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

/etc/init.d/ctmilter_initd start no files or folder

jeanpaul

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
when i try to start ctmilter with this command line /etc/init.d/ctmilter_initd start

i get : /etc/init.d/ctmilter_initd: No such file or directory of this type

How i can fix ctmilter

In plesk service :
SpamAssassin is enable
Parallels Premium Antivirus is enable

Hi jeanpaul,

please try the commands:

/etc/init.d/pc-remote start
/etc/init.d/pc-remote stop

Ok, i do this but after when i try to launch /etc/init.d/ctmilter_initd start i get again the same message

Sorry to ask thiis, jeanpaul, but WHY do you want to use a command, for a start - script that doesn't exist?

You could as well ask, WHY you are not able to use the command "/etc/init.d/apache2_initd start" and the answer would be as well, that this start - script doesn't exist and so the command is not executable.

You can list all start - scripts on your system with the command: ls /etc/init.d/

Do you have directory /var/spool/postfix/ctmilter ?
If not - create with

# mkdir /var/spool/postfix/ctmilter
# chmod 755 /var/spool/postfix/ctmilter

With command: ls /etc/init.d
i get :

Code:
atd                   crond         httpd         mailman        netfs    pc-remote              psa-firewall                      rpcidmapd   snmpd         udev-post
atomic-php54-php-fpm  denyhosts     ip6tables     mdmonitor      network  php-fpm                psa-health-monitor-notificationd  rpcsvcgssd  snmptrapd     winbind
atomic-php55-php-fpm  dovecot       iptables      messagebus     nfs      plesk-billing-plugins  psa-vpn                           rsyslog     spamassassin  xinetd
atomic-php56-php-fpm  drwebd        irqbalance    monit.rpmsave  nfslock  portreserve            quota_nld                         sandbox     sshd
auditd                fail2ban      kavehost      mysqld         nginx    postfix                rdisc                             saslauthd   sw-collectd
blk-availability      functions     killall       nagios         ntpd     postgresql             restorecond                       shorewall   sw-cp-server
cgconfig              halt          lvm2-lvmetad  named          ntpdate  psa                    rpcbind                           single      sw-engine
cgred                 htcacheclean  lvm2-monitor  netconsole     ossec    psacct                 rpcgssd                           smartd      sysstat

i have /var/spool/postfix/ctmilter folder with permissions 755 and postfix root

Last edited:
Your issue might be, that pc-remote ( the milter service ) does not start. After performing the above start, please have a look at: netstat -alpn | grep 12768 and check if the milter - service started and is listening to the port 12768.

If this is the case, you might want to check your mail-log, to see why issues/problems may exist regarding the milter - service.
If this is not the case, please add as well log - entries, so that people willing to help have the possibility to investigate the issue/problem with you. In this case, please add as well your main.cf and master.cf from /etc/postfix/.

Please describe your issue/problem you might have, before people willing to help just have to guess. If a test - email doesn't get delivered to your eMail - account, please tell us and add the corresponding log - entry, so the problem might be investigated. If you add log - entries, please be sure to XXX sensible data like IPs or eMail-names and try to add the entries in a CODE - bracket
HTML:
 [CODE]TEXT[/CODE]
... , for a better view.

Back