• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

/etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d emptied during upgrade

TimReeves

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I just upgraded 3 Servers from Plesk 11.5.30 to 12.0.18, with the following results:

• A "virgin" Server: No problem
  • An older Server with Ubuntu 10.04: Various problems, needed help from my service provider
  • A newish Server with Ubuntu 12.04: Went fairly well, except...
That last server is running Nginx + PHP-FPM to execute PHP Websites. I admit that I have an unconventional way of doing things there: The "location" statement normally included by Plesk in Nginx-Config really does get in the way, it pre-empts other choices making it nigh impossible to create a good Nginx Config. So what I do is, I go to Web Server Settings and check "Process PHP by nginx", causing a file to be written to /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d for the domain. I then copy that file, in the same directory with "my_" prepended, then I uncheck "Process PHP by nginx" so that the Plesk-file is deleted and FPM restarted. Now I'm running with my Nginx-Config - which of course also now serves PHP scripts, but the way I want, coordinated with all my other Nginx-Config - and FPM.

I don't know whether my "special" way of doing things may be the problem, but after I had upgraded to Plesk 12, the symbolic links in the Nginx config directory /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d had all vanished - you can imagine what THAT meant for my server. I got them to be regenerated by repeating the "check/uncheck" trick noted above, all was well... Until I did some other operation in Plesk - not sure which it was - and noticed that AGAIN that directory was empty. It has'nt happened since, and I have saved a copy of all the symlinks, in case it happens again. But it would be really nice if it just did'nt happen...

BTW In Plesk 11.5 the PHP-FPM Log was not being rotated and I had to create an own cron job to do that - can someone tell me if this is corrected in 12.0.18? Thanks!

Cheers,

Tim

Last edited:
Back