1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Eth1 keeps getting added.

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by randy998, May 23, 2005.

1. randy998

randy998 Guest

Hello,

A while back I upgraded our box to 7.5.2 I think it was. With that upgrade it required a kernel update which plesk took care of. With that update however it added a eth1 to the modules.conf, and then the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 onboot = yes. this causes the network to hang and not start when the server is rebooted.

I had to have sysadmin logon at the console and fix it. They assured me that it would not happen on reboot but everytime the server is rebooted eth1 gets added to modules.conf and the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 file again.

Almost as if the files get rewritten on reboot. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Randy

2. tandberg

tandberg Guest

do not start kudzu on boot. chkconfig kudzu off

3. randy998

randy998 Guest

So Kudzu would edit the modules.conf and the other file then automatically?

Randy

4. tandberg

tandberg Guest

If it's configured to do so - yes.