• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Event handler doesnt trigger command

bob231

Basic Pleskian
Plesk WEB UI -> tools & settings > Event manager:

Event: Domain created
Priority: 0 and 100
User: root
Command: /tmp/test.sh

/tmp/test.sh:
#!/bin/bash
echo "Trigger domain create test" >> /tmp/event_handler.log

If run in SSH with root user its working right.
When create domain in plesk nothing happen :(

OS ‪CentOS 6.9 (Final)‬
Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3 Update #12

How can I test whats going wrong?
Thanks!

First thing that comes into my mind: Why do you allow execution of scripts from the /tmp directory? This is a high security risk and will eventually lead to spam software being installed by hackers into /tmp.

To exclude any permission issues, please try to place your file into a directory like /home, give it rwxrwx--- permissions and see if it works from there.

First thing that comes into my mind: Why do you allow execution of scripts from the /tmp directory? This is a high security risk and will eventually lead to spam software being installed by hackers into /tmp.

To exclude any permission issues, please try to place your file into a directory like /home, give it rwxrwx--- permissions and see if it works from there.

Hi Peter, thanks for reply! At first i've tried a script inside home directory. This wasnt working and I tried like it was explained in Plesk doc: Event Handlers this docs example is in the /tmp dir.

Now I tested it again from /home with chmod 770, 755 and 777. No result. It seems the script doesnt get trigger from Plesk. What else can try to find solution?

Last edited:
Back