• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Event Handler Issues

CruzMark

Regular Pleskian
I'm having an issue with a couple of event handlers. I'm testing using the code from the admin guide, modified for the "Disk space limit for client account reached" event.

The code is:

#!/bin/sh

echo "--------------" >> /tmp/event_handler.log

/bin/date >> /tmp/event_handler.log # information on the event date and time

/usr/bin/id >> /tmp/event_handler.log # information on the user, on behalf of which the script was executed (to ensure control)

echo "client limits exceeded" >> /tmp/event_handler.log # information on the client account

echo "name: ${NEW_CONTACT_NAME}" >> /tmp/event_handler.log # client's name
echo "diskspace: ${NEW_MAXIMUM_DISK_SPACE}" >> /tmp/event_handler.log # client'sdiskspace

echo "--------------" >> /tmp/event_handler.log

and the event handler just calls the script.

The result I'm getting for this (when I run the DailyMaintenance script) is:

--------------
Thu Apr 29 17:42:57 PDT 2010
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),1(bin),2(daemon),3(sys),4(adm),6(disk),10(wheel)
client limits exceeded
name:
diskspace: 2097152
--------------

In other words, the NEW_CONTACT_NAME is not being sent. I've also tried using OLD_CONTACT_NAME to no avail.

I'm seeing the same behavior with a script modified to trap the "Disk Space Limit for Domain Reached" event.

So, is there a bug here, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Thank you gor detailed description of problem. Really, we have already submitted bugreport regarding this problem. It is under developer's investigation now and I hope it will be fixed in the next Plesk update.

Back