• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Exhaustive license comparison?

stevendegroote

New Pleskian
I'm trying to work out which license I need to purchase, but I can't seem to find a proper list of what are the differences between the plesk licenses.
For me, I'm mainly interested between the Web Admin and Web Pro VPS licenses.

The only differences I see on the main site are 10 vs 30 domains, no subscription and no account management.
But then, it also mentioned " WordPress Toolkit SE". What's different here vs the "Wordpress Toolkit" in the pro license?

I also saw somewhere that some paid extension are free in pro. Which ones?

If you're reselling or hosting your clients' websites, go with the Pro or Host editions. The Admin version is mostly for personal use.

As for Wordpress toolkit, not sure what features are limited in SE edition but I can say that if you really need to manage multiple Wordpress websites the full suite is well worth it.

Also, you can get Plesk licenses at a discount on resellers, and even some VPS providers such as Vultr have them with a special pricing.

You can see all features of WordPress Toolkit Pro compared to WordPress Toolkit SE (Lite) here: WordPress Toolkit by Plesk.
For a single simple WordPress site you can use WordPress Toolkit SE, but it is definitely recommended to use the Pro version (which is included in Plesk Web Pro and Web Host Editions) to run multiple WordPress sites and to keep them secure automatically.
If you completely want to lay back and let WordPress Toolkit manage all your updates frictionlessly without any risk, you should use Smart Updates which is a premium Add On for WordPress Toolkit.

Ok. The editions page is already a good step.
Sadly, I didn't find that, as on the pricing page, with my browser window width, the "Partners" box overlaps the link. Looks like a responsive layout issue to me.

Thanks for your responses. I'm sorted, but I hope Plesk fix their site.

Back