• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Export Plesk configuration

klowet

Basic Pleskian
Hi

I'm going to install a new Plesk server. How can I export a copy of the configuration of an existing Plesk server so all the settings are the same?
I'm aware and familiar with the Migration tool and the Service plan exporter plugin. But I'm looking for a solution to export/import the Plesk configuration (all settings in 'Tools & Settings you can say).

Thanks

We've just finished a complete migration, from an Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS / Plesk Obsidian server to a Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS / Plesk Obsidian server. The Plesk Migrator still has a few hidden challenges, so some considerable pre-migration checks are vital, but it's much, much better than it was last time we used it, which was over two years ago. Fully agree with @Peter Debik though, unless you write your own script, there's no handy Plesk Config Export Tool in existence.

The only way to get 100% replication, appears to be, to copy one setup to the other (visually), meaning literaly, screen by screen. Things likes iptables can be exported / copied / manipulated, to save some time with things like Plesk Firewall / Fail2Ban & there's other things too e.g. some MariaDB / MySQL settings. Like moving house in the real world, a fully detailed check list c/w a timing schedule, currently, appears to be the ony foolproof way to server migration success.

The only way to get 100% replication, appears to be, to copy one setup to the other (visually), meaning literaly, screen by screen.

That's how I've done all my past migrations too. But I was wondering if there was a existing tool that would automate a "full Plesk settings copy" of one server to another.

Hello,
It's been a while after this question was originaly posted. Is there any news you're aware of (CLI scripts or the like)?

Even a small-sized hosting company can easily have a dozen of Plesk servers. Configuring from scratch is a very error-prone activity.

Hello,
It's been a while after this question was originaly posted. Is there any news you're aware of (CLI scripts or the like)?

Even a small-sized hosting company can easily have a dozen of Plesk servers. Configuring from scratch is a very error-prone activity.
What about deploying Plesk Servers by cloning?
Plesk server can be cloned with the command:

# plesk bin cloning

For example:

# plesk bin cloning -u -prepare-public-image true -reset-license true

The details of the cloning command:

# plesk bin cloning --help

More details can be found in Plesk documentation.

Thanks for the input @IgorG, but I believe I need some more documentation... Once I use that command, it just tells me that "Server cloning settings were successfully updated"

Which are the following steps? My goals is to copy service plans / add-ons / extensions / backup policy and not individual subscriptions or domains. Thank you and kind regards

One more question. Reading better the documentation, it says "The following command resets all initialization settings and remove the license key on the next start", but that's not what I want on the production server. I just needed a way to copy the configuration. How can it be reverted (before the restart)?

Ideally, the most foolproof way is to configure your servers to a specification, not the other way around. Once you have an ideal config, use something like ansible to idempotently provision several servers with identical configurations.

Sorry If I change subject a little, but this has some priority now. I used:
plesk bin cloning -u -prepare-public-image true -reset-license true

And later realized by reading better the documentation that's not what I wanted. To avoid that anything happens on the next system reboot is the following command fine?
plesk bin cloning -u -prepare-public-image false -reset-license false -reset-init-conf false

Thank you

very curious about this as well, as we are about to set up some new instances. would love to avoid having to do this manually for each.

Id recommend using Ansible or some kind of centralized control over the deployment of servers.

Back