• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Express App + NodeJs Extension + SSL Problem

xDrago

New Pleskian
Hello,

im facing a problem with permission for the ssl certificate. The app starts without any problem via SSH but when im starting it with the Plesk NodeJs App im getting the following Errror:

Code:
 Error: EACCES: permission denied, open '/usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/etc/live/mydomain.com/privkey.pem'

Now I tried a lot to give the right permissions to the directory with chmod and chown but it is not working.

I found this Thread: Resolved - Files With Bad Permission: User and Group is Root
They come to the conclusion, that its not neccessary to specify the SSL certs in the app. But my app is using socket.io and if i dont specify the certificates in the app im getting connection Errors caused by SSL.

Code:
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

So maybe for a classic webapp this would be no problem but im trying to run a plain server here. It has no interface on the browser.

Can anyone help me?

As which user is your app running?

Please post the access rights and ownership of the certificate files and directories you're trying to access. This should do it:

Code:
ls -als /usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/etc
ls -als /usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/etc/archive/mydomain.com

Thanks for the reply. I dont know which user runs the node app. Is it the user connected to the plesk customer?

However i figured to fix it myself by giving the user the correct permissions but it seems like the NodeJs Extension is simply not designed for a server application? It was running but only as long as I am trying to visit the domain name in the browser. As soon as i stopped the server stopped too.

For now im running it via SSH. maybe thats the only way?

it is showing following files which of the files are required documentation shows it required .cert and .pem
cert.pem
chain.pem
fullchain.pem
privkey.pem

Back