• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Extension development on multi server setup

Hello everyone

Having a multi server setup i find myself unable to successfully utilize any example extensions (zip upload - Category: Examples - Plesk Extensions) nor access my own dummy extension (created on my management node) since for both the output in browser after choosing a node will always be "File not found.".

According to this short article this seems somewhat indented (or is a know issue that has not yet been fixed?):
Installing Plesk Extensions in Plesk Multi Server

Now, how can I install an extension that is not available in the extension catalog on a multi server setup?
Do I actually have to request a development licence, set up another server, get my stuff developed and tested there, submit my extension to [email protected], await the day my extension is finally available in the official catalog to get it tested in my very own multi server set up? Please tell me there is another way.. :)

Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3 Update #33

Best regards
Chris

Last edited:
Hi @Christoph Farnleitner,

The article is correct: we officially do not support the upload of custom extensions in Plesk Multi Server due to certain limitations which I've mentioned in another thread Issue - Google Login not available on login screen

The better way, in using the single Plesk installation for an extension development and then submit it to our Extension Catalog. At least, it will be checked with our certification team and then I'll be able to add this extension to the Plesk Multi Server whitelist.

Back