• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved [extension/sslit] Failed to renew Panel certificate

@IgorG We've recently had a similar problem on one host, where all the sudden the host's SSL certificate was not renewed and we did not receive a warning from the extension for it. Yesterday I got a PM from another user who seems to also have noticed anomalies with SSL renewals, e.g. where all the sudden some customer certificates were not renewed or "missing". But in all these cases we don't have valid log entries, so hesitating to file a bug report, because it is unclear what is going on. The behavior started after update to 18.0.41 here, too. Have there been changes to SSLIt or how it works together with other parts of Plesk since 18.0.41?

@Peter Debik, The text of the error is too general. It is complicated to determine something from it. I would like to get a detailed report so that developers can check this strange behaviour.

I think it could be related to this update, but not sure:

SSL It! 1.9.10
10 February 2022

SSL It! now controls the feature of securing Plesk with SSL/TLS certificates (instead of the Let’s Encrypt extension, which did it before).

That would make sense to me, because we used to have the Let's Encrypt extension earlier and migrated to SSLIt only a few months ago. We'll monitor this and report more as more details become visible maybe on other servers.

Back