• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Extensions Catalog - Could not resolve host: ext.plesk.com; Name or service not known

CoyoteKG

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

on both servers I have this error when I'm open.

What could be a problem?

Product: Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #7

All works fine for me.
Try to add to /etc/hosts corresponding record for IP 87.245.204.25
And check your network.

which record?
87.245.204.25 ext.plesk.com
?
I added it to hosts, but now I have different "unknown" error
upload_2018-5-17_12-13-6.png

without this error, when I try to ping ext.plesk.com, I'm getting response from 195.181.174.6

Hi @CoyoteKG

Please try once again with
195.214.233.114 ext.plesk.com ch.origin.ext.plesk.com

Extensions Catalog using CDN so it could be a temporary issue.

Hi Anthony, I just did that, but still getting "Unknown error".

It is strange, because if I ping ch.origin.ext.plesk.com, that address is resolved from IP 195.214.233.114 even if it is not added to hosts file.

So why I need to doubt in my network configuration, which is intact last few years?
Also I have problem with two servers. But yes, both are hosted by Hetzner, so if it is something from network side it is related with ISP.

I will check later with my friend who also using Hetzner + Plesk if he have the same problem.

I just checked with my friend, and he have not this problem, so it is not network problem by Hetzner.

Difference is that he have Plesk 17.5.3, he did not updated it to last version.
Can this cause update to 17.8.11?

Regarding this issue, I found this link
Unable to open the Extensions page: Unable to connect to the extensions catalog: Connection timed out

with
Code:
# wget ext.plesk.com

I have response
Code:
# wget ext.plesk.com
--2018-05-17 15:28:57--  http://ext.plesk.com/
Resolving ext.plesk.com (ext.plesk.com)... 195.181.174.6
Connecting to ext.plesk.com (ext.plesk.com)|195.181.174.6|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Moved Temporarily
--2018-05-17 15:28:57--  https://ext.plesk.com/
Connecting to ext.plesk.com (ext.plesk.com)|195.181.174.6|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: ‘index.html’

[ <=>                                   ] 18,655      --.-K/s   in 0s

2018-05-17 15:28:57 (434 MB/s) - ‘index.html’ saved [18655]

So it is not related with network problems.

Also next topic
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...outdated-Could-not-resolve-host-ext-plesk-com

I tried with it, and permissions are OK
Code:
# ls -lah /etc/resolv.conf
-rw-r--r-- 2 root root 245 Mar 11  2017 /etc/resolv.conf

Hello,

I need to say that today everything works correctly. I did not changed anything in relation with Plesk or Network setup, or hosts file, but it works suddenly on both servers.

Don't have idea why it did not worked these days, but for sure is nothing in relation with my environment setup.

Hello,
I'm again rly confused.

Now Extensions are load correctly, but on one server I have Installed Opsani VCTR free extension. Earlier it was works, but now I'm getting similar error like for this thread.

Whoops!
Failed to evaluate this Plesk system using the Opsani service. HTTP response code: [0]. Curl error: [Could not resolve host: api.datagridsys.com; Name or service not known].

I tried to install on another server to see if it is the same situation there. On that server now Extensions are load correctly, but if I try to install Opsani VCTR free extension, I'm getting again error from beginning of this thread
Error in cURL request: Could not resolve host: ext.plesk.com; Name or service not known

I spoken with Hetzner support, about this, and they advised me to open Ephemeral ports. I did that from 32768-65535 like it is adviced on their wiki
Robot Firewall/en – Hetzner DokuWiki

Also I added the same ports to Plesk's Firewall, but noting better.

Back