• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

external access to MySQL like Cpanel

R

rhalevy

I recently moved my dedicated server to plesk but i am missing alot of the features that the more mature control panels have most importantly is i want to be able to allow designated remote hosts access to a MySQL table. I have searched far and wide and cannot find any way to do this in plesk. If anybody has any ideas itd be a godsend. You would think Plesk would at least have this simple feature.

Plesk is mature enough to have extensive online documentation and vast amount of posts in the forums, with a search feature... ;)

That is why i switched

Only problem is that in cpanel there was a streight forward path to adding remote hosts in plesk you have to do it manually. As described in this post:
http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?threadid=22362
But my question still stands i still cant connect to the mysql server remotely i have setup remote access manually as described in the thread above but it still says on the remote computer that it cant access the remote Mysql server.

Maybe it is an issue with the firewall i opened up incoming ports 3306 to the IP but it is still not working
Any Ideas???

Back