• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

External Authentication?

mparadis

Regular Pleskian
Any way of externally authenticating users? Say MySQL or RADIUS?

Problem with PSA is that countless people need to find ways to integrate services and it's not very good at that and WAY too proprietary. Make a change and it's gone on the next update really hurts.

Mike

could you be more specific on what you are trying to achieve ?

Do you mean you would like to port psa authentication to an external service ?

Originally posted by jspilon
could you be more specific on what you are trying to achieve ?

Do you mean you would like to port psa authentication to an external service ?

Well, for example, I have services which have their user accounting in MySQL such as Joomla and others which have account on RADIUS for authentication.

It would be GREAT to be able to allow the user to log into webmail based on some of these (already) created accounts.

Does that make more sense?

Mike

is the auth info created/managed by plesk ?

No, it would be an (MySQL) account on Joomla for example or on a RADIUS server.

If owners could authenticate from remote sources, it certainly would make PSA much more useful as it could be tied into other services.

its better to tie in your other services with plesk.. than the other way around

read the sdk as suggested in the other post, maybe stuff will start help u find what you need to do.

its better to tie in your other services with plesk.. than the other way around

read the sdk as suggested in the other post, maybe stuff will start help u find what you need to do.

Ok, sounds like we're talking about sending command line commands between servers, using the PSA command line utilities. Wonderful, a little hacking and you're right, I might be able to pull this off.

Can't thank you enough folks :).

Mike

well sending commands is an option with the plesk command line tools... you could use cert based ssh so you get an encrypted channel ;)

or

use the RPC API which allows you to send plesk commands through http requests ;)

i would personnally aim at the second option.

well sending commands is an option with the plesk command line tools... you could use cert based ssh so you get an encrypted channel ;)

or

use the RPC API which allows you to send plesk commands through http requests ;)

i would personnally aim at the second option.

Sounds interesting. Also sounds like I could embed commands so that when the account is created, I could send a thank you page with the needed information to PSA as well. I'll have to look around for examples of how I can use this, didn't even know about it.

Mike

yes that's doable ;)

you would need to integrate this in joomla though.

its a very nice project!

you might need some1 that knows php, or you may look into php yourself

www.php.net

Back