• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue External mails not being received only for one user

benlau

New Pleskian
Hi everyone,

I have a strange problem with one of my qmail users which does only receive (internal) emails from the same server.

When I send a mail from a different provider to that user the mail does not show up in the inbox. There is no error message in the mail log and the sender also does not get any return mail.

So it seems like that the mails sent are somehow delivered or at least not blocked but they are also not showing up in the inbox.

All other mail users are working fine, so it must be mailbox-specific.

Any ideas?

Hello benlau,

Do you have additional mailboxes on this particular domain? Are they able to receive emails?

I suggest checking your MX records and executing repair utility:
Code:
plesk repair mail [email protected]
or/and
Code:
plesk repair mail example.com

I am having this exact same problem. All of the other emails on the domain are working properly except this one which will not receive email. Can send from the account, but not receive. I have tried the suggested "plesk repair mail [email protected]" with no change.

Have you checked if there are active webmail rules?

Code:
/var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/johndoe/sieve

What are the owner and group of the mail account?

Code:
 ls -ld /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/johndoe

If it's "popuser : popuser", then it's a mail account.
If it's "root : root", then it's a mail alias, so the mail gets stored in another location.

What are the owner and group of the mail account?

Code:
 ls -ld /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/johndoe

If it's "popuser : popuser", then it's a mail account.
If it's "root : root", then it's a mail alias, so the mail gets stored in another location.

Still hoping someone can help me with a solution. Is there something in the log I should be looking for?

Back