• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

EXTWPTOOLK - Faild to Initializing Instance Connection to remote DB servers

Hex

Regular Pleskian
Plesk Certified Professional
TITLE:
EXTWPTOOLK - Faild to Initializing Instance Connection to remote DB servers
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx, Version 17.8.11 Update #45
CentOS7
64bit
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Wordpress toolkit error message when choosing a database server other than localhost.
Error establishing a database connection. This either means that the username and password information in your `wp-config.php` file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at `xx.xxx.xx.xxx:33102`. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

It's not down, if it's down.. Plesk will reject the server from the beginning. + I'm able to access phpmyadmin and create databases and users manually also from Plesk db manager.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Add a remote database server other than mysql 8.0
Create a wordpress website with any subdir and choose the new DB server
Click Install​
ACTUAL RESULT:
Npt0Ned.png
EXPECTED RESULT:
Ny67MvF.png
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The WPToolkit is only accepts connections from localhost or mysql 8.0 only, I tried with mysql57 56 mariaDB 102 103 none of them works with WPTK (btw I'm following db inside docker methods.)
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

From developer:

During installation, an attempt is made to connect to the database from the php specified for hosting. What version are they and what version are the modules?

There is a possibility that the mysql client for php in a user subscription is having problems with other versions of mysql servers.
Without access to the server, it is difficult to say what the problem is. So, contact Plesk Support Team.

Thank you @IgorG

The issue has been solved! I'm not sure how but surprisingly the last update cleaned up the issues.

Update 47 and WTK 4.0.0

Back