• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Fail2ban 0.10.2, Plesk uses very old

RobD1982

Basic Pleskian
When are you going to upgrade such important software like Fail2ban ?
It's 0.10.2 released officially already

as I see you still have outdated 0.9.6 ?

Hmm... according to Fail2ban version 0.10.x is not stable version but still in experimental stage.

@IgorG - please allow fail2ban-0.10.x because of IPv6 protection - at least for early adopters

fail2ban version that Plesk uses at the moment doesn't protect servers running IPv6, only IPv4) so somebody can brute force IPv6 all day long, till they brute-force your password

please allow fail2ban-0.10.x because of IPv6 protection - at least for early adopters
Sorry, but we never support non-officially released third-party software versions. We will support it when it becomes stable version.

Because of the new EU privacy legislation we were forced to allow ipv6 on our server.
In The Netherlands, Health care companies have to do checks which include IPv6.

We are disappointed to learn that the current stable fail2ban does not support this...

It is really needed!!

One developer of fail2ban said:
Current stable branches are 0.10 and 0.11 (with small exception that 0.11 was still never released)
and
The infos on fail2ban.org are out-dated
I guess the website will be replaced with github.io next time.

So version 0.10.3.1 is not status "experimental".

Hi Igor,

great that the future version of Onyx has it, but will it also be included soon in the current stable Plesk 17.8 version?
We can't really switch our production servers to a Plesk Preview version. And as we're "late adopters" it would mean to wait another 6+ month I guess...

Cheers,
Tom

@IgorG
I would like this in Onyx 17.8.x too. This is a serious issue. I'm attacked every day by ipv6 and fail2ban 0.9.6 do nothing against it, because its not support ipv6. Please add ipv6 support to plesk 17.8.x too. Plesk 17.9.x is still far away. :(

Last edited:
Back