• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved fail2ban configuration via CLI?

HostaHost

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Is there a method of listing/enabling/disabling fail2ban jails via command line?

Thanks! I was concerned about using these on a Plesk managed fail2ban instance since we don't know if it keeps its own version of the config in the psa db or elsewhere to facilitate rebuilding it if needed, but the commands on that page lead me to a kb article that had the relevant Plesk commands:

plesk bin ip_ban...

Thanks! I was concerned about using these on a Plesk managed fail2ban instance since we don't know if it keeps its own version of the config in the psa db or elsewhere to facilitate rebuilding it if needed, but the commands on that page lead me to a kb article that had the relevant Plesk commands:

plesk bin ip_ban...

Plesk created a nice GUI to manage fail2ban, it reads the plain text files located in /etc/fail2ban/* and shows them in the control panel.

There are some tables in the Plesk database related to ip_ban/fail2ban, but these are not used for config settings, so it's safe to use the original fail2ban commands, which are also a lot easier to remember.

Last edited:
Back