• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue fail2ban jail error

Remigio

Basic Pleskian
I've debian 9
when I try to click on fail2ban-->jail--> f2bmng failed: ERROR:__main__:Command '['/usr/bin/dpkg', '-S', '/etc/fail2ban/jail.conf', '/etc/fail2ban/jail.d/plesk.conf', '/etc/fail2ban/jail.local']' returned non-zero exit status 1.
Follow also this docs: Fail2ban cannot to enable jail due to errors in configuration on Plesk
and also Unable to activate or remove Fail2ban: error reading information on service fail2ban: No such file or directory (rpm command not found)
not solve my issue

Maybe you can find more details in the /var/log/messages log file or the /var/log/fail2ban.log file.
I think that it is likely that the jail cannot be started, because there are no log files that it can process. For example, if a jail only processes website logs of domains that start with the letter "a" and there is no such domain, the jail cannot start, because there are no files it can find to process them. Depending on your specific configuration this can or cannot be the case. Normally, more details on the reason why fail2ban cannot start should be available in the system logs as mentioned above.

Thank you very much @Peter Debik
Problem is when I try to enter into fail2ban-->jail I've this error <<Errore: Impossibile ottenere la lista di jail: f2bmng failed: ERROR:__main__:Command '['/usr/bin/dpkg', '-S', '/etc/fail2ban/jail.conf', '/etc/fail2ban/jail.d/plesk.conf', '/etc/fail2ban/jail.local']' returned non-zero exit status 1.>>

Back