• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Fail2ban

miketra

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello,
I have setup a new server using Plesk. After a week I have noticed, I couldn’t access Plesk environment or access my domains. After restarting my router and getting a new ip, I could regain access but not for long. I assume Fail2ban gets my ip blocked, but for what reason?

You can find out more about Fail2Ban bans in /var/log/fail2ban.log. There you will find your banned IP address along with the name of the jail. You could then look into the log files of the service to find out more about the reason.

Back